August 2013 Weddings

Center pieces

• So I ventured out to all of the craft stores today and purchased a slew of decorations to start putting together my vision of what I want the table center pieces to look like. Our theme is more vintage, with rustic touches to it too.  I am going to have my step dad cut a tree down from their back yard and make me 2 inch thick wooden slabs about 10-12 inches around. On top of those there will be a mason jar with lace wrapped around the top.  A votive candle, and then either a colored green or blue glass bottle, or a clear bottle wrapped in jute/twine.  Each one will have a clear tube vase that I plan on putting wholesale flowers in.  The girls bouquets will go into some of the vases too. Probably at the tables they are sitting at and some of the other immediate family.

• Phew! I feel like even though I've only bought stuff to assemble one, when I get it done, I will have a MUCH better idea of what I need to still buy and plan.
  • Here is a picture of what I'm trying to accomplish here. The one with the colored flowers is what I am going for with the vases. So it's like taking that one thing from the first picture and adding it to the other picture. I also got chalk board frame table nubmbers on sticks, that I may stick into the vases with the flowers to denote the table numbers. =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Center pieces

• Love this idea! We are having a vintage/shabby chic theme as well & for our centerpieces, I bought 6qt mason jars and wrapped burlap and ivory ribbon around them and I will drop bouquets into each one. Also we'll have some frosted glass votives and a picture frame with table numbers. I love the wooden slab idea, though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very nice! I love the vision you are going for. Post a picture of what you create once your done :)
  • Those pics look awesome!! I'm not sure about my decisions yet...I got some mirrors with colorful borders, 3 big candles to go on each, and a bunch of (hopefully not too) fake daisies to sprinkle around in the center. I want them to look 60's, but might be too cheesy. I dont have the concentration to think of anything new ! 
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • wow lots of vintage/rustic wedding themes here.  We are doing that as well.  Can we post some of our decor and ideas that we have together already?  Might be fun to see what everyone is doing!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards