August 2013 Weddings

Wedding Transportation

Hiya!
So I'm trying to figure out what type of transportation we need for the wedding.
We would need to get from the hotel to the first look spot (not chosen yet) then to our church then church to venue and then venue to hotel at the end of the night.
I was thinking limo for the girls to the first look and then going back to get the guys. I want us to be still seperate in the cars to get to the church.  That's not the problem.  We are 9 people all together and there are no 9 person limos just big party buses and it seems silly to pay for the limo bus just to take us to the church and then the venue.  Suggestions?  What are you doing?
What type of vehicles are you using your wedding day?

June Siggy Challenge: Fav. Engagement photo

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Transportation

• We're using an 8 person limo (although it is possible to get a limo to hold up to 10 people) and a Mercedes Sprinter.  The limo will pick up the guys and take them from hotel to church then pick up the BMs and I and take us to the church.  After the ceremony the limo will take my FI and I for pictures and the reception venue.  The Sprinter will take the BMs and GMs for pictures and the reception venue.  After the bridal party is at the reception venue, the Sprinter will be used to shuttle the guests back and forth between our hotel and the reception venue.  At the end of the night we'll get on the Sprinter back to the hotel with our guests.
  • We got a trolley to pick up the boys, bring them to the church, pick up the girls, and then bring us to the church. It will then bring us all to a photo spot, and then to the reception. Most of the bridal party is staying at or within walking distance of the reception, so they're on their own for afterwards. They can either walk or have arranged transportation with their dates. We are looking around for a "getaway" car for my FI and I at the end of the night.
  • edited April 2013
    I haven't really thought about transportation! I guess I figured we can all drive ourselves to the wedding location. We'd probably use my friend's mini van to fit the dress and anything we need to transport plus all the bridesmaids... Guys can probably go in one car. After I guess we'll need a getaway car to take us back to the hotel.

Edit: The hotel is providing a shuttle for our guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We were thinking limo at first.  When I called around to get prices it was over $1,000 for four hours.  We wouldn't even need the limo that long and our ceremony spot to the reception is no joke...3-4 miles down the road. The limo would have only been useful to take myself and my bridal party from the hotel where we are getting ready to the church.  So, we are now doing (and I am much happier about this decision) classic cars.  We are going to have about 4-5 cars that will shuttle the guys to the church first, come grab us girls, then from the church to the reception spot we will have a small party bus (it's actually my uncle's shuttle service he just started for older folks who want to get out and about from the nursing home or assisted living houses) take half the wedding party and MOH/Best Man, Me/FI, and our two siblings in the classic cars.  We still haven't figured out who will take us from the reception to our hotel, but it will probably be FI.  He doesn't drink really at all.  I'll be surprised if he has 1 full beer at our wedding that night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have a 14 person limo to take the Groom, GMs, BMs, and FGs from the hotel to the wedding venue.  There is a second limo (6 passenger) coming to get me, my son,  my Mom, and the photographer  to the wedding venue.  Finally we have a Town Car picking up me, my FH, and the photographer.  We will be going to a spot to take moonlight wedding pics and then being dropped off at the hotel.  We purchased our transportation as point-to-point transfers.   It was the most economical way we could think of.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards