Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding Party Entrances

Lately on Youtube my FI and I  have seen a lot of dance wedding entrances. We think this is a very neat idea as our theme for the wedding is music and we both love to dance. I especially like the ones where they seem to be having the most fun, the guests are into it, and they have had time to think it over and had time to choreograph the entrances. There are ones that were possibly a last minute thought and look sloppy I do not care much for.

From a  guests view would this be a nice surprise or is it too over played??

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Wedding Party Entrances

• I am not a fan.  I would also refuse to do it if I were in a wedding party.

• It's not a nice surprise for guests b/c it happens all the time, so it's not really all that, "Oh!  Look what they did!" And I agree with Vic. I don't dance, and I would not participate. If you do this, you need to ask everyone in your WP how they feel about doing it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I put dancing down the aisle in the same category as "funny" or "creative" wedding party reception entrances.

They aren't funny or creative any longer, and are definitely overplayed. It's not offensive, but it's not amusing, either. Up to you.
  • Overdone and awkward to watch. Please don't subject your BP to this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As a guest I really wouldn't care either way.  But, as a member of a WP I would refuse.  I am not coordinated nor do I like being the center of attention.  Check with your WP. 
  • Thank you, Ladies!! Going to really think this over before deciding to do it!!
  • Well, it's no longer original, surprising, or unique, and personally, I've never found it "cute," "clever," "fun," or "nice."

Just walk down the aisle the normal way.
  • geeze every single person was so negative and said no way! you guys need to be a little more supportive to our fellow brides..
    to all of you that said it's way overdone, have you ever seen it at a wedding you've attended or just viral video's online? i've never seen it done, and if i saw it i'd love it!!!!
    if you and your husband like the idea, and your bridal party are fun people willing to do it, then i say go for it!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wedding-party-entrances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:2a928ba4-618e-4d00-84d2-3f860172ff6dPost:8e9e7861-3176-45d5-ab26-f9c565534d6c">Re: Wedding Party Entrances</a>:
    [QUOTE]geeze every single person was so negative and said no way! you guys need to be a little more supportive to our fellow brides.. to all of you that said it's way overdone, have you ever seen it at a wedding you've attended or just viral video's online? i've never seen it done, and if i saw it i'd love it!!!! if you and your husband like the idea, and <strong>your bridal party are fun people willing to do it, then i say go for it!!!!</strong>
    Posted by thekorsans[/QUOTE]

Ah, bridal party members may be fun people, but that doesn't mean they're willing to do it, and if they're not, then no, don't go for it.  Think about what the people you're asking to do this want.
  • Personally, I am not a dancer, so I'd feel like a big moron doing that!  But some people can pull it off.  Last wedding I went to, each couple did a classic dance move.
    My party is only 4 people, and my fiance and I are not dancers... instead our entrance is going to be with a matching team jersey over our formalwear.  He needs to have a touch in there somewhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wedding-party-entrances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:2a928ba4-618e-4d00-84d2-3f860172ff6dPost:8e9e7861-3176-45d5-ab26-f9c565534d6c">Re: Wedding Party Entrances</a>:
    [QUOTE]geeze every single person was so negative and said no way! you guys need to be a little more supportive to our fellow brides.. to all of you that said it's way overdone, have you ever seen it at a wedding you've attended or just viral video's online? i've never seen it done, and if i saw it i'd love it!!!! if you and your husband like the idea, and your bridal party are fun people willing to do it, then i say go for it!!!!
    Posted by thekorsans[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>WELL SAID!!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards