Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Does anyone have experience with Oil Unity Candles? (don't want my unity candles to blow out during

Hi,
I am getting married outside on a balcony overlooking the Hudson River so I think there could definitely be some breezes. My biggest worry is that the unity candles will blow out. We've dsicussed doing a sand ceremony but I'd like to try to see if anyone has any experience with oil unity candles?

I've read about them that they do no blow out- is this 100% correct that even with strong winds, because they're oil candles, they definitely won't blow out? Anyone recommend them or have any input on them for a wedding unity candle ceremony? 

The future "Mrs. Hassan"

Re: Does anyone have experience with Oil Unity Candles? (don't want my unity candles to blow out during

• Options
    krispi921krispi921 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I have seen a picture of a unity candle inside a lantern. (You can search for it on Pinterest.) If we do have a candle, that's my favorite idea for outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In my line of work, I've learned that nothing is 100% guaranteed. I would say your concern is legitimate. Where are you getting married? The venue may have an idea of what they have experienced before, which could set your mind at ease. Or at a minimum, tell you if the candle is a reasonable expectation regarding staying lit vs. an alternative such as a sand ceremony or a wine mixing ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards