Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

HELP!

Need your help guys. So we can’t open the doors to our venue until 5:15 (having  rehersal first)and the ceremony starts at 5:30. My friend is greeting. There won’t be time for guests to drop off gifts and sign the guest book prior to ceremony. Only enough time for them to find their seat. Should I have my greeter say “welcome. Please find your seat. The ceremony will be starting shortly” so guests sit right away? Or start ceremony at 5:40 instead in case they linger at guest table?  Fyi guests know doors don’t open until 5:15.

Re: HELP!

• That's tough, though depending on your timing, you might end up starting late anyway. I'm normally extremely punctual, but with everything that morning (getting the wedding party ready, pictures, people arriving, etc.) we started about 10 minutes late even trying to start on time.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • How big is your guest list?

I would let people know by word of mouth when discussing the wedding. I would also change the lights and/or music about 5 minutes beforehand so people know to find their seats. But if you're having 200 people then that probably wouldn't work.

Anniversary

• they know. i stated on the invite that the doors open at 5:15 and ceremony starts at 5:30. our minister will tell them to sit a couple minutes before. expecting 70 people and not setting up for ceremony they will  sit at their dinner table. just unsure how to convey to notsign guest book etc when they come in and just find their seats
  • Just don't put out the guest book until the reception.
  • I have never in my life signed the guest book before the ceremony.  I also don't bring my gift into the ceremony with me or expect a table be waiting for me at the ceremony.  Those are all reception things.

If your invitation says "Ceremony starts at 5:30pm" and "Doors open at 5:15pm" then you've done what you can do.  If people are lingering, then your greeter can kindly ask them to sit, but I don't think it's appropriate for everyone to be told "Okay, it's 5:15pm - SIT RIGHT NOW!"  Wait until 5:25pm or so and round up the stragglers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards