Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

DFW wedding venues

FI and I have been engaged now for a little over a year. We have two small kids, and both work full time, and I am attempting to return back to school and finish my degree online one class at a time. FI has previously been married but wants a "proper" wedding if we go that route. We don't have the time to really "plan" a wedding down to all the details. I do have specific things that I myself would like to incorporate into my wedding details but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they weren't there. I am trying to find, if possible, an all inclusive type venue under $10k if possible. I would prefer it to be in the Arlington, Irving, Dallas, Ft Worth and cities in between, but the farthest out I think I am willing to have my guests drive would be 45 minutes to an hour max, and even then that's a stretch. My family primarily lives in town, however, my FI family all lives out of state so therefor would need to be staying in hotels. I have only had the opportunity to actually view one venue at this point which was Bingham House. I do like the sort of laid back, rustic country type theme, however, I am pretty flexible on this idea too. I tend to be a somewhat indecisive person so hence why nothing has been planned, even down to my dress! I have three dresses picked out at this point, which all depend on the wedding itself (if that makes any sense).

The places I am kind of considering at this point if anyone has any reviews, feedback, etc:

-Noah's (irving)
-1899 Farmhouse
-Mediterranean Villa
-The Orchard

That's kind of it at this point. I would consider Bingham House still seeing as the lady who I worked with when I viewed, sounded very accommodating with things. It's still just a bit far I think for people to drive. Please and thank you!

Re: DFW wedding venues

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I would take MV off the list.  Nothing but an overpriced wedding factory with mixed reviews at best.

Personally I think 1899 is a little pricey, but it is all-inclusive which is a big plus, hence the price.  And for an all-inclusive venue, it has lots of rustic charm.  I think it might be further out than you want however (over an hour from Ft. Worth).

The Ochard looks cheaper, is an hour from Dallas in Azle (but not far from Ft. Worth).  I don't know much about it but it looks really nice and it also looks to be fairly all-inclusive.  It has very good reviews on weddingwire.

I don't know much about Noah's.  It holds 250 and also looks to be all-inclusive but don't know about price. Good hotel options close by for OOT guests though.

Personaly I like all of the above choices more than Bingham House because you are free to bring in your own caterer, but you might prefer having a more all-inclusive option.

Here is a thread down the page with some options closer to Irving.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_byob-in-irving-for-500-guests
  • I went to Noah's today. It was nice. Not quite as large of a building as I thought it would have been. It also didn't have any outdoor options. Again not a deal breaker but it is something that's sort of "on my list". They did include a fair amount of things in their pricing, however, the more I spoke with FI about wedding plans, he would rather have as much inclusive things as possible considering the fact of us have two kids, both working full time, and me trying to go back to school, him working on a promotion, and myself as well. I do think a more inclusive venue is going to work better for us only because I am very indecisive. MV had an open house tonight, and I was able to get someone that works there to give me sort of a guestimated budget for what is included (from what's stated on that at least) and the budget for what they included seemed okay, but the more reviews I read the more hesitant I am about it all. Bingham House the lady was really nice, and seemed flexible with things. The pricing was quoted for 100 people and at the time of touring I thought we'd only have around 60. FI seems to think we will have about 100 but I think that's sort of a stretch and that's if EVERYONE invited comes. BH stated they would throw in additional things for the regular premium pricing for free since the pricing was initially based on 100 people. FI seems to think that our friends and family would be willing to travel an hour out. I know that there would be some controversy over this specifically with my parents. My dad usually goes to bed at like 8 and goes to work at 3 am, so an hour travel for him for a wedding is kind of farfetched. I know he'd go, but I would like for my guests to feel comfortable and not feel rushed in any way whether that's to get home cuz it's late due to a long drive or whatever the case may be. I sort of looked at the Sheraton in Arlington's Plaza on the Hill building. I went to a wedding their when I was younger with my mom, someone from work she knew got married there. I loved it there. It had an outdoorsy type feel but you were inside. I contacted someone but have yet to hear back from them. 

Anyone know anything about The Windsor at Hebron Park? It's down the road from where I work so I can check it out on my lunch break or after work but just thought I'd ask. I think it's fairly new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards