Washington-Seattle

Where to get rings?

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get rings, other than the  biggies (Shane Co, Ben Bridge etc)? Maybe those guys are the best, I don't know, anyone have any feedback?
Thanks!

Re: Where to get rings?

• We got ours from Tiffany & Co. in Bellevue. Ann was incredibly helpful there and was fabulous about asking us a million questions, not pressuring us with ANYTHING (she actually worked with H over the course of  months via email while he was deployed and trying to decide on my engagement ring). 

I don't have any recs other than them and Ben Bridge at the Alderwood Mall. Originally we were looking at all the ring places at the Alderwood and it was a complete joke. 
    Kay's- when I asked what the difference was between Tungsten and Tungsten Carbide, she rolled her eyes at me and say, "uhh.. they are different metals" 
    Jared's - We were looking at bands for H but all she wanted was to get me over to the diamonds. Idiot. I'm not here for me. And you can't woo me with sparkly things. 
    Shane- Asked to clean my e-ring, immediately checked where it was from, and upon seeing that it was from Tiffany & Co, told us that we will definitely want "higher end" stuff he has to offer. And proceeded to talk about how he only ever gets to "deal with" high school and college kids with tight budgets.  Ie, lets get you to spend a ton of money because I know you can afford it. Rude. Umm.. we didn't even get asked what our budget was yet. 
    There were a couple others in the area that just wanted us to sign up for their annoying credit card even though we said we were just looking today. 

Ben Bridge was the only place that they people were genuinely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and relaxed. We ultimately went back to Tiffany though just because not that many places carry much platinum. 

• My e-ring is from Fred Meyer Jewelry.  My H went to the Northgate one, he liked the customer service there and prices/quality were better than other mall stores.

I had my wedding ring custom made at Green Lake Jewelry Works.  And while it was pricey, since it was custom made, it was exactly what I wanted.  The people I worked with were awesome.

We ordered H's wedding band online from http://www.titaniumkay.com/ It was way better priced than what you would find in a jewelry store.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • my FI bought mine through Jared and I actually really like going in and seeing them. When I have to get my ring rhodium plated (every six months or so) they always have it back to me same day. I have also been a big Ben Bridge fan since i was in my late teens because they have GREAT customer service and one woman is still a very good friend of mine. 
    Anniversary
  • I hated Jared in Southcenter. They were so pushy and annoying. I hated every minute of being in their store.

My ring was purchased at Kays at Southcenter. I think my FI liked working with Matt. I've been to Kays in Northgate to get it cleaned and had no issues.

EE robbins was where we went for ring education. ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_where-to-get-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:5063ac9e-3d42-42b7-8a7b-0873fdbd2d86Post:ef40ba6d-3fb9-45dc-914e-59331a54eff0">Re: Where to get rings?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hated Jared in Southcenter. They were so pushy and annoying. I hated every minute of being in their store. My ring was purchased at Kays at Southcenter. I think my FI liked working with Matt. I've been to Kays in Northgate to get it cleaned and had no issues. EE robbins was where we went for ring education. ;)
    Posted by huynhette[/QUOTE]

When I was looking for my wedding band i looked at the websites for Kay and for Jarred. It seemed weird to me that they were almost identical. when i scrolled to the bottom of the page on both i saw this " <span> a division of Sterling Jewelers, Inc." I found this very funny and just had to show my FI. We still haven't found where we will get my wedding band but we decided not to go through either of these places. (my engagement ring was his grandmothers and she has passed :( I am hoping i can find a band to match it...)</span>
  • Yes! Green Lake Jewelry Works! They have some pre made stock but also do custom work. FIs ring is from Zales.
  • This may be a little late... but we got my e-ring and wedding band (it is a set) at Alexandra Rossoff in downtown Seattle.  They do estate and vintage jewelry and have some really beautiful pieces.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been doing some wedding research of my own and stumbled upon this. Ben Bridge Jewelers would love an opportunity to earn your business. We're a local family run company.  I would love the opportunity to educate, help you find the best value and the perfect piece for that special moment. Call or come in to the Northgate store and I can personally find you a great value and guarantee you the best service. 206-363-7227. Thanks and good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards