New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venue help

Hi all,

I'm having a really hard time finding a venue! We're looking for someplace that we can do ceremony outside (someplace with grass and real grounds) and then reception inside. Want the style of the inside to be a bit more contempory, not your standard wedding hall or rustic barn. We're pretty open to location (basically anywhere within a 2-3 hour driving distance of NYC) and budget is pretty flexible (we're thinking 150-250 pp before fees and taxes). Venue doesn't have to have its own catering, we have a caterer we know we like, but does have to have great food (if they don't allow outside caterers)

Any ideas??

Re: Venue help

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_venue-help-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:56b51129-f98d-482e-b449-d5fac77dc212Post:44292b3c-5a98-453c-b3f3-58afff3718e9">Venue help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I'm having a really hard time finding a venue! We're looking for someplace that we can do ceremony outside (someplace with grass and real grounds) and then reception inside. Want the style of the inside to be a bit more contempory, not your standard wedding hall or rustic barn. We're pretty open to location (basically anywhere within a 2-3 hour driving distance of NYC) and budget is pretty flexible (we're thinking 150-250 pp before fees and taxes). Venue doesn't have to have its own catering, we have a caterer we know we like, but does have to have great food (if they don't allow outside caterers) Any ideas??
    Posted by jeasog6786[/QUOTE]

<div>Try Locust Grove in Poughkeepsie, you'll need your own caterer.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe the Garrison although it is a little wedding hally. Also FEAST at Round Hill - definitely not a typical wedding hall but I am not sure it is really contemporary.  Also the Alder Manor/Tara Circle is pretty cool and not a wedding hall, but contemporary.. it is a beautiful old manor with a cool random empty pool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards