New York-Hudson Valley
Options

The Bridal Shop mamaroneck ny

I have to say I was very disappointed in the service I received from The Bridal Shop, Mamaroneck, NY. From the time I walked in the door until the time I left I felt uncomfortable and unwelcome. When tried to enter the door they blocked me from coming in and asked if I had an appointment. I said I did and they let me in. I found it kind of rude that they would block me as if I would try to steal something.
 I gave them 10 pictures of dresses that came from their in-store website like they requested and they still could only find one of the dresses. The father/owner had me look through the rack for a dress. When I tried on a dress no one was there to show me how to put it on or to look to see how it fit. My grandmother went to ask where the veils were and they told me to look in the corner for it instead of giving me one. I went to try on another dress and my mother had to find the daughter to help figure out how to put on the dress and she had an attitude. Then she left again.

I finally got fed up and started looking for other dresses to look at when the daughter told me that I should change out the bridal gown before I look through the rack and that I had no idea where what style of dresses were, and I should wait for her. I told it had been an hour and no one has given me the dresses I liked, pulled out any dresses for me, given me suggestions on the dresses I had on, and now not allowing me to pull dresses for myself. She got an attitude with me and said she is only one person. I told I don't understand why I made an appointment if no one was going to assist me. Both the father and the daughter went to charge a deposit to a customers account and no one looked for another dress for me so I put on my clothes and left. I wasted an entire hour and I left feeling like she thought she was right in ignoring me the whole time. The only plus about that place was that the dresses were half off. I do not recommend this place at all.

Re: The Bridal Shop mamaroneck ny

• Options
    Try Follia in White Plains, on East Post Road.  They are really nice and the seamstress is amazing.  Alterations are pricey, but, trust me, it's worth it.   Also, if you decide to go to David's (I had to last minute after I ripped my first dress), the manager Geannine at the Yonker store on Central Ave is really sweet.   She will make it work for you.  I came in to the store 10 weeks before my wedding upset and at a loss for what to do because of my ruined dress.  They were awesome.  The seamstress, Geraldine, was wonderful as well. 

As for BAD, Meme's in Larchmont is terrible. I think they may have actually gone out of business... but avoid at all costs.  They turned a sweetheart bridemiads dress into a pointy cone boob straight top.. bad news.

You'll find a shop you love, and where they treat you well.  Don't settle until you find that.  In some ways, the experience is even more important than getting the EXACT dress you were looking for.  You'll always question the dress.  It's the staff's job to help guide you and make you feel beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Options
    oh no sorry to hear that. :(

@cryssteen. I checked out the Green Tree County Club and its beautiful, congrats. 
  • Options
    <div>Thanks so much. Yeah Ir eally have no idea were to go next. Im thinking about going to the city.</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_the-bridal-shop-mamaroneck-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:bcb74183-8d76-41e3-aa0d-7c454a14089bPost:fc957924-378b-44db-8a6f-a9bf6bd956b0">Re: The Bridal Shop mamaroneck ny</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Follia in White Plains, on East Post Road.  They are really nice and the seamstress is amazing....
    Posted by Cryssteen[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    <div>Yeah, I usually dont bash people I have bad experience with people, I just dont give them my business, but I felt so uncomfortable that it was necessary to say something.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_the-bridal-shop-mamaroneck-ny?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:bcb74183-8d76-41e3-aa0d-7c454a14089bPost:b2352371-3572-4bf4-b188-f71077ada502">Re: The Bridal Shop mamaroneck ny</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh no sorry to hear that. :( @cryssteen. I checked out the Green Tree County Club and its beautiful, congrats. 
    Posted by tashley8[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards