New York-New York City

MOH seeking advice!!!

Hello, my name is Stefanie. I am 23 years old from the Westchester county, NY area. My sister is engaged and i am her maid of honor. She will be getting married in New Rochelle, NY and i have some MOH honor duties that i need some advice with (since im new at this). Does anyone know a site or place where i can order chair covers with bows on the back of the chairs for the recpetion? A place to rent perferred?

Also...I am trying to book a bachelorette party and i would like to have it in NYC. Anyone know or have any personal experiences with any places where we could have a great time?? Were looking to eat, dance and just have a great time! :) If anyone could throw some ideas out, that would be GREATLY appreciated since im new at this! Thanks!!!

Re: MOH seeking advice!!!

• Hi, congrats on your role as MOH. I am happy to suggest options for the NYC bachelorette party. Here are some thoughts...

Dinner- There are a MILLION amazing restaurants in NYC. If you are looking for something fun with a trendy vibe then I would suggest Buddakan, Lavo, Extra Virgin, Bagatelle, Stanton Social or Beauty and Essex. They are all in an area that you can easily go out in afterwards.

If you are looking for a place where you can eat and then stay afterwards to dance, or do both at the same time, I would suggest either Bagatelle, Beaumarchais, Beatuty and Essex or Lavo.

Buddakan is really fun, amazing food and has a great vibe. You can eat there and then just bar hop in meatpacking area. If you have the bachelorette when the weather is nice, there are several fun rooftop bars you can go to right within walking distance...Brass Monkey is more of a bar scene, whereas Gansevoort, The Standard and LeBain have more of a loungey vibe. 

If you are in NYC in the early afternoon or late morning there are a ton of places that do unlimited mimosa brunches.... intermezzo, sunburt calf, sunburnt cow, poco, pier 9, ainsworth park, jane, garage, paradou...There are a few "brunch parties" also that are more like a day time club with food...Beaumarchais, Bagatelle, and sometimes Lavo.

Good luck!
  • Thanks so much! I will definitely look into those resaturants! I have been to Buddakan and LOVED IT. I am thinking of doing italian but i will definitely write those places down and so some research myself. Im thinking of going to a place where we can eat and dance :) Thank you so much for responding
  • Bagatelle and Beaumarchais....both are restaurants that turn into a lounge. Super fun!
  • Are you planning on staying over in the city? I would look into The Martime Hotel. They have a great italian restaurant, La Bottega that is REALLY affordable which is surprising for how trendy, cute, and delicious it is. They also have a nice club there - The Cabanas, and you would be close to Meatpacking so you could always go to other clubs too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards