North Carolina

Affordable Wedding Dresses in Charlotte Area

Does anyone know of any places that have good, affordable wedding dresses in the Charlotte area? I don't mind driving a little, and I'm trying to think outside the box of David's Bridal. I've heard terrible things. Frown

Re: Affordable Wedding Dresses in Charlotte Area

• It might help if you shared your definition of "affordable"... everyone's budget is different.
  • You might try NY Bride in south Charlotte.  I bought my Maggie Sottero dress there (I think it was around $950) and they hit a pretty wide range of price points.  My shopping and alterations experience there was fantastic.
  • Contact Julie at www.everythingIDOweddings.com.  She is a wedding planner/designer and will help you find the perfect dress.  She was my planner and saved me tons of money on my wedding but made it look like a million bucks!  Good Luck.
  • Bridal Mart in Burlington, NC. It is an outlet bridal store. They have good reviews. Haven't bought my gown yet, but what I am doing is online searches for dresses under $1000 and called around charlotte bridal stores asking for a particular dress with designer and style information.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bridal-mart-burlington
  • Lauren+AaronLauren+Aaron member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I got my dress from BridalMart and it's worth the drive.  But I also looked at Poffie Girls-they're great!  I imagine they start at 1k though.  I live in Raleigh, but when we were buying the flower girl dress, she lives in Charlotte so we shopped there.  I tused Charlotte Weddings magazine and we went to every bridal salon listen on the back page so I suggest you try the same...I actually found my bridesmaid dress at NY Bride & Groom but BridalMart beat the price.  Also, try Bedazzled Bridal in Gastonia.  
    photo Isbell-232_zpsdaf64dd5.jpg
  • If you look at Allure dresses or Maggies, you should be able to get best pricing because they are fairly well controlled by the designer.  Sometimes shopping this way will help you alot.  Choose  designers you like and look for  dresses you like.  You don't always have to go to Bridal Mart to get best pricing on a dress.  Also keep in mind that you have to make sure your compare price to service.  Bridal Mart does not include steaming in their price, but most local shops do. So the extra $50 or $60 may be worth it.  I found a dress at Bridal Mart and Anjolique quoted the same dress at the exact same price, but included 2 complimentary steamings and a garment bag.  Plus I didn't have to drive 3 hours again.  I ended up choosing a different dress, but this approach helped me alot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards