Wisconsin

Help! I need a venue...or two...

Hey all! I'm looking for a beautiful church to get married in. I live in Milwaukee, but I'm willing to go no more than 30-45mins away from here. I looked at The wedding Garden and love it, but I'm still looking for other places similar and closer to Milwaukee. I really dont want my guest to have to travel too far. I also need a place for my reception. I have no idea where to start, so every suggestion is greatly appreciated! Smile

Re: Help! I need a venue...or two...

• Wisconsin Bride has a great venue resource, as does Premier Bride. (both magazines) You can pick them up in most bridal shops!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Check out the site Married in Milwaukee, too.

It might be a challenge to find a church to get married in, though, if you're not practicing any sort of religion at present. Most churches require membership.
  • The Polish Cultural Center in Franklin has reasonable prices as a reception venue. As far as churches are concerned, most do require memberships although some Christian denominations will allow non-members to get married there. It depends on the church though so you are better off contacting potential churches directly. If you are looking for more historic locations The Best Place at Pabst is really nice. Good luck.
  • You can rent out the church at St John's military academy in Delafield.  It is very pretty.  You also provide your own officiant.
  • The gardens

Botanical gardens

The domes
  • Just an Update:

I will not be getting married in a church, but that is ok. I actually found a beautiful barn in De Pere, WI. Yes that is much more than 30 minutes away, but our families are ok with it. Plus we found hotels that will provide a shuttle to and from the venue for free! We wanted to make sure that everyone felt like they were on a vacation with less stress as possible. Thank you all for the suggestions! I really appreciate it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards