Texas-Houston

The Downtown Club at Plaza - Houston

Hey,  Ladies!

Has anyone gotten married or getting married here? Right now my venue options are between The Downtown Club at Plaza and The Petroleum Club. I really want a venue with a skyline view. What are your thoughts about this venue vs. PCOH and also pricing.

Thanks

Re: The Downtown Club at Plaza - Houston

• Hi, I priced both (for a Saturday night).....but haven't seen either in person....

The Petroleum Club requires a minimum of $50 per person in food purchases, in addition to beverage service, sales tax and service charge. The minimum amount of guests to ensure the Petroleum Room is 200, if this amount is not met then a $10,000 food minimum has to be met. 

I believe Downtown Club at Plaza has wedding packages that start at $70pp plus 22% taxable service charge and 8.25% tax.

Hope that helps!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_the-downtown-club-at-plaza-houston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:2d716cef-1af7-4d6a-8bff-76b96a5ea5dcPost:3245a984-3594-4154-b43d-35d2f148bfa5">Re: The Downtown Club at Plaza - Houston</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I priced both (for a Saturday night).....but haven't seen either in person.... The Petroleum Club requires a minimum of $50 per person in food purchases, in addition to beverage service, sales tax and service charge. The minimum amount of guests to ensure the Petroleum Room is 200, if this amount is not met then a $10,000 food minimum has to be met.  I believe Downtown Club at Plaza has wedding packages that start at $70pp plus 22% taxable service charge and 8.25% tax. Hope that helps!
    Posted by AndreaJ200[/QUOTE]

It definitely does help, thanks for the info! We plan on having about 275 guests, so we will surely hit the min. My concern is how much they are going to charge for liquor. I wish they had a BYOB option lol...and also the added on tax and fees :?. The Downtown Club seems like a more expensive choice from what you told me, I guess it will have to come down to what im getting out of it.
  • PCOH charges by the bottle at wholesale prices.  Here is what I got last month from them:

Liquor, Domestic & Imported Beer & House Wines:
    A beverage service fee of $8.50 per person is applied; which covers bartender fees, mixers, juices, glassware, barsetup, unlimited soft drinks, water & Perrier.

In addition to the beverage fee, a final total of all alcohol consumed at wholesale prices.

Alcohol Bottles: Range between $27.00 - $33.00 per bottle (wholesale price)
    Beer, Wine & Champagne are charged by the bottle price.
    House Wines: $27.00 per bottle
    House Champagne: $27.00 per bottle
    Domestic Beer: $3.50
    Imported Beer: $4.00

Example: $8.50 beverage fee + $15.00 (estimate consumption per person, liquor, beer & wine for a 4 hour wedding reception) = $23.50 per person

Limited Bar:
    Domestic & Imported Beer & House Wines
    A beverage Service Fee of $7.00 per person; which covers bartender fees, glassware, bar set-up, unlimited soft drinks, water & Perrier.
    In addition to the beverage fee, a final total of all beer & wine are charged by the bottle.
    House Wines: $27.00 per bottle
    Domestic Beer: $3.50
    Imported Beer: $4.00
    Example: $7.00 beverage fee+ $20.00 (estimate consumption per person, beer & wine for a 4 hour wedding
    reception) = $27.00 per person

Downtown Club:
    Beer & Wine: $20/pp for 2 hrs; $25/pp for 3 hrs; $30/pp for 4 hrs
    Plus Call Liquor:  $24/$30/$36
    Plus Premium Liquor: $28/$35/$42
    Guests under 21 are $10/pp
  • Hey there!  

Both have awesome views!

Keep in mind, the Plaza Club looks westward.  So if your reception begins before sundown, you will have a lot of BRIGHT light in the room.  Also, at night, there aren't as many buildings in the view.

PCOH has AMAZING pricing on booze.  A friend got married there a few years back and the bar bill was dirt cheap.

Both have average food.  I have never been to a wedding reception at Plaza, only work related things.

Hope that helps!

Shelly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards