Texas-Houston

PLEASE someone help me with hair/make-up artists

I've posted before, but I'm still having the worst time finding a hair/make-up artist.

Originally, there was no one in my budget.  So I raised my budget to $350 for hair/airbrush make-up for wedding day and trial run.  But I'm STILL having trouble finding someone.

I live in the woodlands.  I need someone near here or who will travel here without adding a crazy travel fee.  Everyone I keep finding is either way out of my budget, doesn't have a good portfolio/reviews, or doesn't get back to me.  My last two artists that I contacted were unprofessional in their communication.

I have less than two months, and I'm kind of worried. 

If you have any suggestions, please tell me.  I may have looked into them already, but I'm hoping someone will post someone who I haven't contacted yet.

SaveSave

Re: PLEASE someone help me with hair/make-up artists

• Have you checked with Sara from Cara Dulce? www.caradulcemakup.com she did my trial, bridal, and wedding day and I am pretty sure it was within that budget - and airbrush she did an amazing job
  • Her hair and make-up prices are actually really reasonable, but her travel fee is $150.  That makes it $75 over my already maxed out budget.  Plus, her bridesmaid prices are really high and I was trying to find someone who wouldn't be so expensive for my girls either. 

Thank you for the suggestion though.  Any more?  Anyone?

SaveSave
  • Thank you, I sent her an email for more information.  I like her work, so hopefully the price is right!

SaveSave
  • Unfortunately, Sandra isn't available on my day. Anyone else?

SaveSave
  • ARHDARHD member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    This should help, if shes available! 180 for airbrush and hair :)

• I used Jen Marine. My sister also used her for her wedding and I loved my make-up for hers which is why I booked her for my own. She's very sweet and everyone's make-up looked fantastic. I'm not sure if she does hair or if she refers someone. She will do air brush or regular make-up. Her travel fee to the Woodlands is $35 and you get a discount on your make-up if you have several people doing theirs as well. www.jenmarine.com

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Hi! My name is Andrea and I am a MUA that specializes in bridal application. Please check out my work and feel free to contact me. Hope this helps.

http://www.facebook.com/faceforwardweddings
  • Thank you everyone!  A few of these are ones I have tried already, but a few I have not.  I will look into them!

SaveSave
  • kerri85kerri85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Try OnSite Hair Design - onsitehairdesign@live.com

www.onsitehairdesign.webs.com
  • monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2013
    Ok, so the only one who could possibly work is Brittiny from prohairandmakeup.  I contacted her.  Everyone else is either out of budget, or someone whom I've already contacted and was unhappy with.

Will take more recommendations if anyone else has any!

SaveSave
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_please-someone-help-me-with-hairmake-up-artists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:5c7f7ab5-a589-4a86-afa7-568f921b3b43Post:50f3d2a9-007b-42a1-b0e9-bc549d215e81">Re: PLEASE someone help me with hair/make-up artists</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My name is Andrea and I am a MUA that specializes in bridal application. Please check out my work and feel free to contact me. Hope this helps.
    Posted by FaceForward Weddings[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Andrea - You CANNOT advertise your own business.  Have you read the terms of service?  Reported.

</div>
  • monkeysip - Curiosity is killing me - lol.  Was Brittany able to come through for you?  I hope you were able to get someone booked. 

• For makeup in the houston area try http://www.luckzmakeup.com/
  • Ok, sorry it took me a couple days to come back and update.

I talked to Brittiny, and her prices should work, and she's available.  She was also quick and polite in her emails.  I booked a trial run with her, so hopefully she'll do a good job and I'll book her for the wedding!

Thanks for all the recs, and I'll let you know if I would recommend her to others!

SaveSave
  • :(  Not exactly happy with my trial.

Sigh... I think I just wasted my money.  Need to find someone else, I suppose.

SaveSave
  • Sorry hun.  I really hope you get this worked out soon.
  • lustmakeup.com Cassandra is sweet mymakeuprocks.com
  • One of my problems was that the airbrush makeup looked really cakey.  I don't think you should be able to see the make-up, and it seemed to bring out every hair and pore on my face.

I wanted something more natural looking.  To be honest, the pictures on lustmakeup look kind of the same way.  Very heavy.  And mymakeuprocks would be out of my price range.

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!  I have one makeup artist that I've emailed, recommended by a friend, so we'll see.  And there is a salon nearby that might possibly work, but I need to go talk to them.  Otherwise... I might end up just buying some expensive products and trying to do it myself!  I haven't had nearly the trouble finding other vendors as make-up artists.  I guess my mistake was thinking I could get something really high quality in my price range.

SaveSave
  • Charmed by Tonya--she's within your $350 price range for hair and makeup, even including a trial run. She's in Tomball, so not sure if there's a travel fee for you. I'm in Sugar Land, so I had a travel fee, and it was still within your budget. 
    Check out her facebook page, she has lots of pictures of her work
    She just did my bridal hair makeup a few weeks ago, and it looked really natural. I do not wear much makeup, and I loved the way it turned out. Tonya is also super fun and sweet. Hope she can help!
  • bmtomyfriendbmtomyfriend member
    First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Just incase u still need assistance w/ a hair/mu person:

my friend is using Makeup By Andrea and us girls are also getting mu done. She had her trial and loved it.

mubyandrea@yahoo.com
    she is also on facebook: makeup by andrea

hth
  • I actually just used lustmakeup by cassandra for my engagement photos and it came out really flawless. Didn't look heavy and very natural. Everyone loved it so I booked her for my wedding day. $80 & no fee for travel up to 20miles outside of rhe dwntwn area! /
  • http://sassybyyorlin.com/ She is super sweet and is passionate about make up! She is within your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards