Texas-Austin
Options

Day of Coordinators

We set our date, signed the contract for our venue, and found our caterer! Woot woot! Now, can anyone suggest a DOC who is under $1,000? I am defintely going to need one since our venue will have only one staff member on duty!

Re: Day of Coordinators

• Options
    I originally thought I'd go with just getting ourselves a DOC too, until I realized the stress of my every day work combined with house hunting and my personal life AND then planning a wedding in between???  I just don't have that much free time as it is, and travel for work from time to time, so 'NO THANKS!'

Our planner, Christina Alfonso has been amazing to work with and even using her as your DOC will be just as beneficial as a planner, to have someone running your timeline other than yourself! She initially quoted us at $850.00 with a complimentary design consultation thrown in, just as we were deciding on our venue. When she OK'd the location, she made sure that our design theme and style would flow well with the venue and the rest of everything else I had to have and met our design/decorating budget, which I thought was almost impossible!

She did all this before I made the wise to decision to just hire her for the entire wedding, as we realized we were really beginning to save a lot of money through her flower and rental discounts.

Her site is down this month but here's what caught my eye.

christina@mesohungryaustin.com

Hope that helps!
    ~ Dee
  • Options
    Ugh, I totally hear ya! We are moving next week and it's been so stressful.

Thanks for responding, I will definitely be contacting Christina! That wedding was so cute, I must have her! 
  • Options
    Moving is the WORST and I've always tried to avoid it at all costs. And during a wedding a little over 2 months away makes it less fun! I won't be able to focus on fully moving in until probably after the wedding. This will be our first time living together too, so I am just way excited and filled with so many uncontrollable emotions. All good, of course!

We're currently pending in contract for a house we're really wanting to buy out in Round Rock. Closer to work for both of us. Aaron teaches in the RRISD, so it only makes sense to settle in suburbia.... This will be my first time living outside of Austin. Hope I adjust well. Laughing

tnms, you won't regret getting in contact with her, she really has fabulous connections and has introduced us to super fun vendors all within our budget! Yay!!

Have fun!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards