New Jersey - South
Options

Natural Hair/Makeup Artists?

Hi all,

I recently had a bridal hair and makeup trial where my pleas for "natural" and "soft and loose updo" were not quite ignored...but definitely misunderstood. I asked if I could skip the airbrush or any foundation and opt for touch-up concealer as needed, and was given a flat "that's not what you do for a wedding." I trusted and tried it, and the foundation aged my face probably 10 years. As a result, I'm back in the market for a hair and makeup stylist.

Does anyone have any recommendations in the NJ/PA area? I know that foundation will help me look "flawless" in photos...but I'd rather look like myself. I'd do my own makeup if the stakes weren't so high! I really want a professional who will make me look like the best me possible. My wedding is on a farm, so I'm also seeking rustic, soft hair. High-fashion, tightly curled up-dos just won't work!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Natural Hair/Makeup Artists?

• Options
    I went to Hello Gorgeous for my makeup.  The one I went to was in Voorhees.  You have your choice over airbrush or regular makeup.  The lady I had was really good about giving me what I wanted.  My friend used Bernards Salon in Cherry Hill, they do good work as well.  I would have gone there, but I wanted air brush makeup and the air brush mu artist arrived too late in the day for me at Bernards.

• Options
    I'm using Jessica Spina with your day your way traveling hair and makeup. I love her!
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's against TOS for vendors to advertise here. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards