New Jersey - South

10K budget wedding - Possible?

Hello everyone - my FI and I are planning to have a budget of 10K for the entire wedding. This means that I need my food budget to be about $30/person (not including alcohol or cake). My ceremony is actually taking place in NE Philly so something over the Tacony maybe 30 min drive would be great. I just can't seem to find any places I like in NE Philly. I recently discovered Camden County Boathouse and from the pictures I love it! Any ideas for caterers or other inexspenive vendors?

Thanks so much!

Re: 10K budget wedding - Possible?

• The Camden County Boathouse has pre-approved caterers, so you would still be limited to what caterers they use.  You can always have your ceremony and reception at a non-meal time because that can stretch your budget as you wouldn't need to serve a meal.  If you have a 1:30 ceremony and 2:00 reception you could just do cake & punch, light appetizers and cake or if you have a later ceremony and reception, say 8 pm ceremony and 8:30PM reception, you could just do a dessert reception.  This way your guests are properly hosted for your event.

Also, how many people are you having?  If its around 100 people, look into Brigalias in Sicklerville.  They have a budget package, that while over your $30pp, could be what you are looking for.  They give you so much for your money there.  It includes the cake, open bar, buffett (and their food is delicious!), centerpieces, linens, and so much more.  It could be worth it to look into since the price pp could even out, with them including so much.  Also, there grounds are beautiful and perfect for pictures!
  • I should have mentioned the # of guest is 130. I wish I could make it smaller but this is my smallest list possible. 
  • There are ladies that have larger weddings for less money on the Budget board.  They are often full of great ideas.  You can also look into doing a Sunday morning wedding.  You could have a late morning/early afternoon ceremony and then a brunch wedding.  I know that Woodcrest Country Club has an afordable brunch package too.

Scale back on some things to make sure you can host all of your guests.  Favors aren't a necessity and floral centerpieces are a luxury, but you can make alternate non-floral ones yourself to save money.  Vistaprint is a great option for invitations too, they often have groupons so you can strech your dollar further too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards