Not Engaged Yet

Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)

Hey guys, so today is his observed birthday and I love Shakespeare. I was an English major and I even took a class completely devoted to Shakespeare.

Anyway, I came across this funny iconographic on Goodreads. It helps you figure out which play to start reading, sort of. 

ETA: shortened the link. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:22a11cb8-5439-4765-85b6-54ad22b20af0">Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys, so today is his observed birthday and I love Shakespeare. I was an English major and <strong>I even took a class completely devoted to Shakespeare</strong>. Anyway, I came across this funny iconographic on Goodreads. It helps you figure out which play to start reading, sort of.  <a href="http://bit.ly/ZG93qf" rel="nofollow">http://bit.ly/ZG93qf</a> ETA: shortened the link. 
    Posted by kelley198721[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm jealous - I'll bet that was fun! I've been meaning to read the histories for a while, maybe the infographic will give me the kick in the butt I need.</div>
  • I love that link.  I love Shakespeare. I've read most of his plays and performed in two.  When I was in London I visited the Globe Theater that was really amazing.

Anniversary

• Ah, Willy Shakes. He's my favorite. I might commit a crime in order to go see the Globe.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • I don't have much to add to this except we're going to BF's grandma's next year to help her move.  While we're there, we're for sure taking time out to run up to Stratford-Upon-Avon to check out all the Shakespeare stuff.  I'm stupid excited.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:94eed963-801c-4d1c-8c13-a3e4dc144930">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have much to add to this except we're going to BF's grandma's next year to help her move.  While we're there, we're for sure taking time out to run up to Stratford-Upon-Avon to check out all the Shakespeare stuff.  I'm stupid excited.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>...Can I come? I'm a GREAT mover.</div>
  • When you take a sip you buzz like a hornet
    Billy Shakespeare wrote a whole bunch of sonnets

^Gotta love LFO's Summer Girls.

I had a college professor who would have WS's babies if she could still find a way to make his corpse reproduce.
  • Unpop op: I thoroughly dislike Shakespeare and don't understand the obsession with him.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:2ecffad5-682c-4081-9460-a34c3263b3d3">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unpop op: I thoroughly dislike Shakespeare and don't understand the obsession with him.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>I won't unfriend you on facebook, even though you just hurt my little heart. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not obsessed, but I do enjoy his work and my focal point in my English degree is British Literature. That kind of broadened to encompass anything on the other side of the pond, so I grew to love the Billy. I won't hate on your dislike.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:2ecffad5-682c-4081-9460-a34c3263b3d3">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unpop op: I thoroughly dislike Shakespeare and don't understand the obsession with him.

<div>
    </div><div>*GASP* </div><div>
    </div><div>Ok now that my shock is over, I'm genuinely curious. Not trying to convince you to suddenly start liking Shakespeare but I'm curious. Why don't you like him? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:419ca92d-28e6-473e-a9ce-35e11081268b">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd) : I'm jealous - I'll bet that was fun! I've been meaning to read the histories for a while, maybe the infographic will give me the kick in the butt I need.
    Posted by KeptInStitches[/QUOTE]

<div>It was! We did nothing but read Shakespeare plays and sonnets. It was fantastic. :)</div>
  • thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:f845ac51-cb46-4206-8a57-e6fabacbf164">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd) : *GASP*  Ok now that my shock is over, I'm genuinely curious. Not trying to convince you to suddenly start liking Shakespeare but I'm curious. Why don't you like him? 
    Posted by kelley198721[/QUOTE]

I just don't think he's a particularly brilliant writer, and I also don't think he's funny. My fiance also disagrees with me, but I just can't enjoy Shakespeare. I just can't.

ETA: I also hate his style of writing. I like my stuff to be narrative. I also hate poetry in general with few exceptions (I like the tanka by Tawara Machi, for example, but few others).

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:83cad5e0-e23a-4037-8f3c-26e6e93c5bbc">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd) : I just don't think he's a particularly brilliant writer, and I also don't think he's funny. My fiance also disagrees with me, but I just can't enjoy Shakespeare. I just can't. ETA: I also hate his style of writing. I like my stuff to be narrative. I also hate poetry in general with few exceptions (I like the tanka by Tawara Machi, for example, but few others).

<div>I can understand that. Shakespeare does seem to be an acquired taste. People either love his writing or find it to be very boring. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just look at it like his plays weren't meant to be read. They were meant to be performed. So on paper, his writing can definitely come out to be aggravating for some people. </div><div>
    </div>
  • I was an english major also! When I was getting my master's in lit we had so much time, and classes, dedicated to Shakespeare. 

Aw what a throwback.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:normal;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">In Response to </span><span style="font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman', serif;"><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_shakespeares-birthday-yes-im-a-nerd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5e737c07-c3b6-48e0-89f1-828ec234acbcPost:2ecffad5-682c-4081-9460-a34c3263b3d3"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Re: Shakespeare's birthday! (Yes, I'm a nerd)</span></a></span><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">:
    I kind of agree with you, which is blasphemy as a Lit major.  </span><span style="font-size:12pt;font-family:'Times New Roman', serif;"></span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;"> </span></p> <p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I only like a handful of his plays; I just can't get into him. </span></p><p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">
    </span></p><p style="margin-bottom:0.0001pt;line-height:10.5pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;">I really liked the goodreads chart, that was super neat! </span></p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards