Not Engaged Yet
Options

knottie vibes please!

So work has laid off people twice in the last two years.  I survived both.  As a company we are about to have our worst financial quarter on record.  This is really not good for business.   Just got off the phone with the boss and all the head honchos are in a  super secretive closed door meeting.  They're going to announce something big tonight.

Pretty sure this spells another layoff.  Awesome.  

Vibes would be very much appreciated, because I really would like to survive and have a job to pay for my wedding.

Thanks ladies!
photo bridalparty.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: knottie vibes please!

• Options
    Oh no how scary :(  Sending you lots of vibes! 

• Options
    Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending lots of good vibes!
  • Options
    Lots of job vibes for you!
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Sending vibes your way via speedy delivery suzie! Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully it all works out for you. Keep your head up and stay focused on something else today (even though I know that's tough to do.)

Keep us posted too. You know we're all here for you!
  • Options
    Ugh, Suzie - unfortunately I know exactly what you're going through! The company I work though has also had a bunch of layoffs throughout the past 2 years. It's very stressful but you just gotta tell yourself what I always (tried to) do, which is that you shouldn't stess over something where you have no control over the outcome. If the worst happens, you'll survive, and you'll figure it out. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be spared again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I updated my cover letter and resume, just in case.   I was actually going to put out feelers after the wedding, but now this gives it more of sense of urgency.

FI and I financially can handle this.  It just means a good chunk of the wedding money will come out of savings.  I was really hoping we wouldn't have to touch it and had budgeted accordingly.   We will figure this out no matter what.  Oh well!

I'll def let you know what happens.  Fingers crossed my worries are for nothing and they'll keep everyone, give a new report to Wall St, and maybe even lower my quota:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sending job vibes your way!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards