Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Good Morning! Well, it's official, I am the proud parent of a new kitten! Pittsburgh Knotties, meet Paco! We are officially smitten. He is so dang cute and either sleeps or plays. We can tell that he's getting more comfortable b/c he keeps getting more "curious". He was eye balling my kitchen counter yesterday, I could see him trying to figure out how to get up there. I'm going to have to work on some sort of spray to keep him off. They say cats don't like lemon scents, so I'll try that first. My allergies are a little rough, but I'm surving and will hopefully get better.

We've set up our spare bedroom for Paco, and he's been hanging out there. We leave the door open and he explores the apartment while we are there, but at night and when we go to work, we'll keep him in the spare room until we get more confident with him. So far, so good. No issues. It was sad leaving him today, but I can't wait to see him tonight! FI is coming home at lunch to check on him.

Other than getting Paco, FI and I headed up to Harrisburg to see  his family, it was a short trip, but still nice. FMIL cooked delicious food, so that's always a bonus.

how was everyone's weekend?
RT + JB
Wedding Countdown Ticker
The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG Jamie SOO cute! I'm dying! Congrats!

Weekend was good. Saturday I went out for drinks with an old friend from hs that I haven't seen in over a year. Yesterday I watched the horrendous game and today I am working from home in the am and then taking the afternoon off to take my pap to the dr's in Penn Hills. He is having stomach issues again and since his arm is still healing, can't drive and my gram doesn't feel confident driving that far bc she isn't familiar with the area. I have a full day of work tomorrow and a half day Wednesday. Looking forward to a few days off!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamie- Paco is SO CUTE!!!  I just got FI to agree to a second cat, but I'm going to wait until after the holidays to start looking.  I demand more pictures =)

ros - Hope your grandfather feels better soon.

Not much going on here... the weekend involved the Harvard-Yale game (I didn't watch it, but did the tailgate), and watching football all yesterday.  I am very mentally checked out of work and can't wait for Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I'm currently enjoying some coffee, and watching Ellen with the pup napping on my lap. I have lots of vacation time to use before the end of the year so I took the week off :)
    The weekend was lots of fun - a bunch of girls from sorority went down to Baltimore to visit and go to the PSU game on saturday at FedEx field. It was a great trip and I love getting together with those girls... After getting back on Sunday, I went to my parents to watch the rest of the game and hang out for a little. Its lonely at home this week since FI is out of the country for work, but I'm looking forward to getting some WR things done this week and decorating for the holidays!

jl - LOVE the kitty - I agree - MORE PICS please!!

trisha - hope your grandfather feels better soon... so nice of you to take him!

md - hope you had nice weather for tailgating!!

• Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!

Had a good weekend although as always, WAY TOO SHORT! Saturday we had Pirata and her husband over for dinner. I used the fondue set we had received as a wedding present and had a lot of fun. I also finally broke in about five other wedding gifts so that made me happy. Love being "productive."

Yesterday we saw Harry Potter on the imax. I was never too much into the series (I've only read on the of the books and that was only because it was in Spanish lol). But for being somewhat of a non-fan, I did think it was pretty good!

Really looking forward to being off! We see Rock of Ages on Wednesday night, so extremely stoked for that. Everyone I know who's seen it says it's a lot of fun.

Jaime-Your cat is adorable!!!!!!!!! ANd I love the name. Paco sounds so much cooler than Frank.

Tricia-Hope your grandfather's doctor's visit goes well!

md-tailgates are ALWAYS fun, sometimes even more so than the game.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning Ladies!

I had a pretty fun weekend - Friday we went to see Harry Potter and I.LOVED.IT! It followed the book so well and I thought very suspensful and extremely well done! I can't wait for July to see Part 2!! Other than that, not too much going on Saturday - took my pup to get a haircut (she looks adorable by the way!) and hung out at the apt while FI worked... Sunday FMIL, FSIL, and I went looking for gowns for FMIL - we found two that she loved and now wants FFIL to go with her to see them... we'll see!

I'm SO beyond thankful that it's a short week! I had a really rough time getting into work this AM :( Lexie (my pup) and I fly out Wednesday night so I'm excited to see my family. And FI has his 2nd phone interview tomorrow afternoon so PLEASE pray that it goes well! If it does, the next step is an in-person so my fingers are locked at the crossed position!

J - O.M.G Paco is SOOOOOOOO cute!!! Congrats mommmy :D  -- Sorry your allergies aren't so hot but I'm sure it's worth it to have that little bugger in your life!

T - Hope everything goes well with your pap! T&P are with him!

md - I'm right there with you - I haven't done ONE thing today! lol... my mind is def elsewhere! Wednesday needs to get here ASAP!!
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning!
    I, too, can not wait for Wednesday and for the Thanksgiving break! Even though I work this coming weekend, it'll be nice to have 2 days off. This weekend was nice, I was off and didnt have a lot of take-home work, so had quality time with DH. Friday we had to pick his parents up at the airport then we went out and met up with my brother for a bit on the SS for his bday. I must be getting old, because the extremely crowded, smokey bar was NOT my idea of fun!  Saturday we had a great day-went and looked at houses, Trader Jacks, Walmart, my cousin's 6th birthday party, then stayed in that night and rented a movie. Yesterday he went to the game with my family and I stayed home and cleaned/relaxed/played with our kittens. I have a rough day today and tomorrow but then Wed should be nice.

J-OMG LOVE Paco! Soooo cute congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Afternoon! Today is my Thursday! I am taking off on Wed., and we have off Black Friday, so I'm looking forward to my 5 day weekend. :-) It was a good weekend, minus DH feeling a bit sick. He never gets sick, but has had a tickle in his throat and some congestion for a week now. We were supposed to go to a church function, but cancelled since he didn't want to spread germs. I did get lots of cleaning done though.

Jamie- Yay for getting a kitty! He's a cutie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ZOMG He is soooo cute! And how funny you named him Paco because I told H if we ever get another cat, I want to name him Paco!

This weekend was good! Friday my friend & I went out for my belated birthday celebration--a bottle of wine and some appetizers! I also had 2 nightcaps wieth her & her FI after, so needless to say I was in bed early!

Saturday H & I did a lot of work around the house then we went to Phillychica's for dinner! The fondue was awesome and they had made sangria too! It was nice to get out of the house and spend time with another couple--we usually stay in on weekends!

Sunday I was up early and made some homemade dog treats and gave some to friends/family to try out with their pups--if they are a hit, I will make some for Christmas as pet treats for family & friends--we have lots of family pups who I just adore!  Then I made wheat gnocchi--we're having for dinner tonight so we'll find out then if it turned out well!   It looks like we have a quiet weekend coming up this weekend, so we're looking forward to that!
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards