Chit Chat

Double wedding ideas?

Hi ladies! Help!! Opinions please! I'm looking at planning 2 "weddings", back to back. My family is in one state (FL), and fiance's is in another (OK). I would have just 1, but my grandparents are unable to travel, and I'd really like them to experience more than 1 grandkid's wedding (I would be 2nd grandchild to get married). So, here is it what I'm wondering. Our 'wedding' wedding will be where we live, where fiance's family is (OK). We want to do a mini wedding, or "vow re-reading" or whatever it is, where my family is (FL). Do I ask my immediate family to attend/participate in the main wedding in OK and the  FL 'wedding', or one or the other? Do I do the mini 'wedding' first, or soon afterwards? The actual wedding would be as such, and the mini would be kinda just vowing ourselves to each other. My dad's partner will be the 'officiant' for the mini wedding and neither will be a really 'religious' ceremony. 

Re: Double wedding ideas?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_double-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4af03191-7ee4-4990-a435-1068051d75a7Post:08e80469-84ec-4c26-852b-13ddad31c073">Double wedding ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! Help!! Opinions please! I'm looking at planning 2 "weddings", back to back. My family is in one state (FL), and fiance's is in another (OK). I would have just 1, but my grandparents are unable to travel, and I'd really like them to experience more than 1 grandkid's wedding (I would be 2nd grandchild to get married). So, here is it what I'm wondering. Our 'wedding' wedding will be where we live, where fiance's family is (OK). We want to do a mini wedding, or "vow re-reading" or whatever it is, where my family is (FL). Do I ask my immediate family to attend/participate in the main wedding in OK and the  FL 'wedding', or one or the other? Do I do the mini 'wedding' first, or soon afterwards? The actual wedding would be as such, and the mini would be kinda just vowing ourselves to each other. My dad's partner will be the 'officiant' for the mini wedding and neither will be a really 'religious' ceremony. 
    Posted by ally686[/QUOTE]

Why can't your fiance's family travel to FL?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Why are you posting this twice? See other post for my response.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• He has a lot more family and friends here than I do there. 
  • I've never been on here, just trying to figure things out and get responses.
  • If you do this, your vow renewal (please stop calling it a mini wedding b/c there is no such thing), should come second, and it should be JUST saying your vows. No cake, no first dance, etc. You only get one wedding, not two. Invite your family to OK.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_double-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4af03191-7ee4-4990-a435-1068051d75a7Post:d79eb187-05dd-4d7a-81a0-2fbcf16c9971">Re: Double wedding ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you do this, your vow renewal (please stop calling it a mini wedding b/c there is no such thing), should come second, and it should be JUST saying your vows.<strong> No cake</strong>, no first dance, etc. You only get one wedding, not two. Invite your family to OK.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

<div>But I love cake and never have a party without it! </div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously, I personally think it is fine to have a cake at the party, but I wouldn't do any sort of cake cutting ritual.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I answered you on the other board.  In the future, please put XP in the title of your post if you are posting on more than one board.</div>
  • No cake cutting is what I meant, too. Sorry...tis late! I am always on board with cake any time, any place.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_double-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4af03191-7ee4-4990-a435-1068051d75a7Post:08e80469-84ec-4c26-852b-13ddad31c073">Double wedding ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! Help!! Opinions please! I'm looking at planning 2 "weddings", back to back. My family is in one state (FL), and fiance's is in another (OK). I would have just 1, but my grandparents are unable to travel, and I'd really like them to experience more than 1 grandkid's wedding (I would be 2nd grandchild to get married). So, here is it what I'm wondering. Our 'wedding' wedding will be where we live, where fiance's family is (OK). We want to do a mini wedding, or "vow re-reading" or whatever it is, where my family is (FL). Do I ask my immediate family to attend/participate in the main wedding in OK and the  FL 'wedding', or one or the other? Do I do the mini 'wedding' first, or soon afterwards? The actual wedding would be as such, and the mini would be kinda just vowing ourselves to each other. My dad's partner will be the 'officiant' for the mini wedding and neither will be a really 'religious' ceremony. 
    Posted by ally686[/QUOTE]

<div>I believe that a double wedding is when two couples marry in one ceremony. It is not another way to refer to having two weddings for yourself. </div><div>
    </div><div>Pick a location. OK or FL? Plan one wedding. Invite everyone. Families are meant to come together to celebrate weddings... if your grandparents are the only ones to miss it due to travel, then either invite everyone for a wedding in FL or just have a party with them afterward to celebrate. </div><div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div></div>

Anniversary
  • You could also videotape the wedding for your grandparents.
  • ....and you put this on second weddings board too, aswell as e.
  • Heck yeah, I do. Right now I am craving jelly beans.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_double-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:4af03191-7ee4-4990-a435-1068051d75a7Post:a9ae6ef4-b7de-4733-9247-f40e4631996c">Re: Double wedding ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heck yeah, I do. Right now I am craving jelly beans.

<div>I've been resisting jelly beans this whole Easter season, but I might cave.  They sound so good right now! And it's only 7:55 am where I am.</div>
  • Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_double-wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:4af03191-7ee4-4990-a435-1068051d75a7Post:a9ae6ef4-b7de-4733-9247-f40e4631996c">Re: Double wedding ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heck yeah, I do. Right now I am craving jelly beans.

My boss just got the jelly belly gumball dispenser. It's hard to keep out of his office to get a handful of jellybeans!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards