Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Happy Thursday!

Morning!
  No snow yet here-but we're waiting for it!  I hope we don't get the 10-15 inches they are now predicting for our area.  Went to aerobics again last night, and there were actually 5 guys there!  I'm going to try to get FI to go with me next week.
  Tonight I have book club at a yummy italian restaurant, so I am very much looking forward to that.  Hope everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Thursday!

• edited December 2011
    Good Morning!  Today is my Friday :)

FMIL has decided to have the RD at PNC Park! Yay!  I'm not crazy about baseball, but the view of the city is fantastic.  That's what I look forward to! check!

Tonight DF is coaching the championship hockey game for KO.  It's cute to see him get all worked up over it! He is really stressing and "stratigizing" how they are going to win.  Hopefully it will be a good game and they play well.

H-Hopefully you don't get all of that snow!  We didn't have any snow this morning.  Hopefully it comes down slowly and over the course of the next two days.
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Happy Thursday all.  I got a somewhat nasty email from our landlords today about Grigio.  We have a pet clause in the lease, and basically our landlords are saying they're waiving the pet deposit (which is NOT in the lease) because we're leaving soon.  R and I have not given any leaving notice or told them we are house hunting, so I'm a little disgusted by them implying we are leaving.  Grigio is 3 pounds and is very well behaved already, and we've lived there 3 years.  I'm working on a reply now.  Just bugs me that they want to try to boot two good tenants for a 3 lb. pup that is entitled, by the lease, to be on the premises. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morining!

Well it has already started to snow :( They're calling for 12-18+ here. I'm disgusted by all of this snow!! They are saying it's going to hit us in two 'waves' - the worst of which will be late this afternoon into this evening. It's supposedly going to be over by tomorrow at noonish... I'm getting unbelievably sick of this weather and I just want SPRING and SUMMER to hurry it up! I already emailed my professor to let him know I won't be in tonight - I really don't want to risk my life to drive there!!

26summer - aerobics sounds fun! I hope you can get FI to go!! I hope you and I both don't get all the snow that's predicted!! fingers crossed!
    Duq - YAY!!! How much fun! PNC really is a beautiful place to have a RD... Great check!!
    Bri - That STINKS that your landlord is putting up a fuss about your pup! Luckily, my apt is pretty good about pets... I can't imagine how annoying it must be! I mean 3lbs is NOTHING! I hope it works out!!
  • edited December 2011

Good Morning, and TGI-almost-F! I was disappointed to wake up to no snow. Then I had a hellish hour-long commute in due to a train malfunction and got to work 15 min. late, the latest I've ever been. Thank goodness my boss doesn't care. I am so ready for Friday, namely for Friday night's birthday dinner at Jaleo and some cava. Laughing

H and G- Stay safe in the snow- hopefully it isn't as bad, b/c that's a lot of snow! And GL with getting FI to aerobics, H!

Meg- great check! And GL to your FI tonight!

Bri- That's really sucky of your landlord. GL fighting it!

• edited December 2011
    Bri-That stinks that your landloard is being shady! Hopefully it will work out!

Kim-Boo for long commutes! Is it your birthday dinner on Friday?! Fun!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Yep, my birthday conveniently falls on a Friday this year. Smile Too bad my big 21st birthday fell on a Monday years ago, but it didn't matter b/c I was in Spain, and we just went out that weekend before.
  • edited December 2011
    Its her birthday! Kim's birthday is tomorrow!  woot!!!  lol

I just got in, I was a little late this morning. My normal bus just up and decided not to come.

Bri- that sucks about your landlord. hope you get things figured out

I bought 6 pairs of arglye socks off ebay this morning for an awesome price! They are blue and green and the Groomsmen are going to wear them- its going to be sweet.  lol
  • edited December 2011
    lol - sara those socks sound so cute!!

Yayfor birthday dinners Kim! 

I'm going to post my email/response in a few minutes in a separate post to get some insight. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Kim-- I also was super late due to the Yellow Line... boo! Also,  Happy Birthday!

Duq-- We were thinking about having our rehearsal at PNC Park, can you give me the details as to what you are planning?

Bri-- I'm sorry about your landlords!

I plan on posting much, much more. I wrote the 20th Century Club last night to see what is needed to secure a date! I plan on going to Pittsburgh March 19-21 so my Mom can see the club and put down a deposit. I am getting very excited!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, good luck with the snow everyone!! I could use a snow day!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_happy-thursday-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:47e9cafb-4b45-4dbe-a29e-d3f07d99f53ePost:b6e07ff8-bea6-4b2e-a499-7061f11f2f02">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, good luck with the snow everyone!! I could use a snow day!!
    Posted by jlbaxter33[/QUOTE]

Me too, that's why I was disappointed, though I am sick of seeing it. Sorry to hear that you had a sucky commute in too. I take the blue, then switch to the yellow, so I was hit either way. Blah!
  • missyt180missyt180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Thursday everyone!  :)

This week has been absolute crap at work, so really looking forward to the weekend.  Luckily out here in LA its been warm and sunny so I don't have to battle the snow like most of you.

Haven't made much headway in the wedding planning department, but have been in contact with some venues that I really like AND are available this fall!  Yay!

Can't wait for tomorrow - girls night in with wine and great friends.  Counting down the minutes!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards