Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Churches ??

Does anyone know of any beautiful churches within downtown or 15 minutes of downtown that will marry a couple that is not a member of the church.  (Other than Heinz Memorial Chapel?)

My fiance and I come from very different religious backgrounds and we're not looking to join a church right now, as we plan on moving in the next six months or so.  We cannot find a church that does not require you to be a member.  And finding a non-church seems to be even harder.

All suggestions welcome!!!
Thanks!

Re: Pittsburgh Churches ??

• Not sure if you have a reception site picked out - but have you looked at The Priory?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our reception is at J Vernos in the Southside.  My fiance is against having the ceremony and reception at the same place, since we want to go out around the city and take pictures.
  • First Baptist in Oakland is really pretty and doesn't require you to be a member.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_pittsburgh-churches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:493d05b8-ab10-4a1d-978d-6448302b138aPost:339b5f25-313f-40e2-9d7a-2855175c4cce">Re: Pittsburgh Churches ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]First Baptist in Oakland is really pretty and doesn't require you to be a member.
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

If you are still looking, check out First Lutheran Church on Grant Street.  HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards