Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Help! Need bra for gown with low back *bigger bust*

Looking for a bra to go with Sottero and Midgley's Meredith gown... I have a larger chest and need support!  The gown has straps, but the back is pretty low... any ideas?

Re: Help! Need bra for gown with low back *bigger bust*

• Options
    I am dealing with a similar problem of the low back. I tried so many bras and ended up purchasing a Jezebel Caress Bustier. Every bra I tried you could see the back strap. If a bustier or corsette doesn't work you might want to try just the front sticky cups.
  • Options
    Not sure how large your chest is when you say "large" but I purchased my longline from bare necessities. This is good for my low back, corset style dress. 

They are also having a 25% off sale ending tomorrow :)
    Mine came with detachable straps. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain sister. I am a 36F.

Bare Necessities is AWESOME. i use them for all of my bra purchases.

ALSO- not sure if there are any SOMAs where you are, but, I had this same discussion while looking for dresses with a consultant and she told me they can measure you and special order them in your size and they sell lots of different special bridal bras.

hope this helps!
  • Options
    OP, I have the same problem! My dress has lace cap sleeves that straps would not look good under and a low back that clasps 14 inches below my neck. And I am a 34D. (When I fell in love with this dress, I never realized what a pain undergarments would be..)

I purchased a corset similiar to csweaney's link and I was hopeful that it would work but I still look saggy... :(

It seems like once you move the band lower, you start losing support. I think well-shaped cups are key and try to find something with quality boning below the cups. I am trying double sided tape to hold my boobs in place inside the cups. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • Options
    Can you have cups sewn into the dress?
    www.etsy.com/shop/ABbling
  • Options
    Before you buy something, you might think about taking your dress to a tailor. He/she might have a recommendation.
  • Options
    I just purchased my dress and I'm a 32DD.  My dress has a pretty low back and my consultant said probably the best option would be to have cups sewn in when I get it altered.  My dress has some built in support and straps though.  Your dress is stunning and I hope you find a good support option!
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help!  I'm a 32E, I'm thinking the cups sewn in the dress sounds like the best option... I need as much lift as possible, lol!  Maybe lot's of tape too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards