Snarky Brides

Good morning!!

Good morning! Hows it going so far? Im going to take this time to talk about pets...

I had to take my "family dog" to the vet to get her fixed this morning. It was so sad :[ Poor little baby girl didnt even want to go in the door. I had to carry her into the building (shes a 53lb bully/terrier pitt...BIG girl) and then when we got into the building, she laid on the floor and wouldnt move because she didnt want to go into the back. The lady that takes them to the back couldnt get Chloe (my pup) to move, so she asked me if I would bring her back for them. I couldnt get her to move either, so I had to carry her again. She was so sad when I left. I felt like I was abadoning her. But, Im not. I have to go back bewtween 3 & 4 to get her and take her back to my parents house. I hope she is pretty sedated when I go pick her up. She gets anxiety in cars & is really whiny, so the ride there (a 30min drive) was not the best. My other dog, Bailey (also a 50lb pitt) cried so much when I left parents house this morning with Chloe and not him. My mom says he continued to cry even after I pulled out of the driveway. I felt so bad. He is my baby boy, even tho he is 8yrs old, & hearing him cry was so hard :[ My mom asked me to go out to their house tomorrow during the day to hang out and take care of Chloe. That will be fun.

We are hoping that getting her fixed will help calm her down a bit. She is still young...1 1/2 yrs old. But she is constantly nipping at Bailey, and he hates her for it. Thats the only problem we really have with her and according to the vet, that should change once she is fixed.

Isnt itt funny how we grow so attached to our pets like they are humans? They really do become part of the family. I seriously miss my both of them when I dont see them for a few days. My parents only live 15 mins from me, so I drive there to see them often. I talk about them like they are Gods gift to this earth. I always refer to Bailey as "the best dog in the entire world" & Chloe is "the cutest little girl ever." Im pretty much obsessed with them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good morning!!

• Same thing with our family dog. I love Gidget as if she were my sister, actually probably more. We call her baby girl and treat her like a human child. She's going to be 7 on June 4 and there will be a party where we will make her steak and shower her in gifts. I hope Chloe does well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Morning! 

Yesterday I had a 14 1/2 hour day at work. It was miserable. I got home after midnight, talked to H for a few minutes and then went straight to bed. My knees are killing me this morning from being stationary and sitting for so long. 

I don't have any dogs just yet, but I imagine H and I will be the same way when are finally able to get a great dane, which H has always wanted. My parents have a cat who I take some ownership of because they got her when I was still living at home. I love her, but she can be a big pain in the butt sometimes. We have to "kitty-sit" her at our house in a few weeks and I'm sorta looking forward to it, but also dreading it. It will be shedding season and she's a very furry kitty (photo in avatar - she's a Siberian Long Hair cat) so we will have to do a massive clean up after she leaves. And when we watch her at our house she often cries at night so we get much less sleep when she's around because we want to keep her out of the bedroom. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awww!!  Poor Chloe!  I worked in a clinic for 4 years and we had a lot of dogs like that.  And I am sure that the vet will tell you this, but don't be suprised if she does not really want to eat tonight.  The anesthisia messes with their stomach sometimes and they just don't have an appitite when they wake up.  Also don't let her do a lot of running or jummping.  Ha ha sorry can you tell that I have said this a lot? 
  • Aw, I hope Chloe has a quick recovery.

You all are going to laugh, but my chickens are pets to me.  They have so much personality, it's crazy.  It's so much fun to go about doing yard chores with a chicken tucked up in my arm, scratching her chest and listening to her talk to herself the whole time.  They have an amazing range of vocalizations.

One in particular, Darla, is my gossiper.  Whenever we sit outside, she'll get up on my knee, primly sit herself down, and bawk at me in a very 'matter of fact' tone for a good 3 minutes.  Then she'll get up, shake her feathers, and hop down.  It cracks me up, because I know I've been caught up on the day's yard-gossip.  She doesn't do it for food, it's purely informative for me.  Everyone else she just steals food from.

I am kind of worried about her right now, she was very unenergetic yesterday.  I'll have to check on her again tonight and do a more thorough exam.  It's hard when they get sick, because vets don't really treat birds, much less chickens.  I'll really miss Darla if I can't help her  :(.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• CandC...I love the name Gidget for a pet! What kind of dog is she?

Buzz...good luck with the cat!! I would die from allergies if I had a long hair cat around. The way that you take some ownership of the cat because you lived at home when they got her, is the same exact way I feel about both Chloe & Bailey. I always tell people they are "my dogs" even though they are "family dogs". I am convinced that I am Baileys most favorite person in the entire world.

Dani..thanks for the tips! I am glad you told me. Im sure they will tell me the same thing when I go pick her up, but its good to know just incase they dont tell me.

Pele..thats so funny about your chickens! I really hope Darla is okay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awe poor Chloe..

sorry I am just peeking in for a minute or two.
    But I have to say Sierra your sig cracks me up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-286?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cafbac1-299a-4fa5-8cab-70f4cbe85af2Post:2174068c-5eaf-400c-964d-d2778c9c9b12">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awe poor Chloe.. sorry I am just peeking in for a minute or two. But I have to say Sierra your sig cracks me up!
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...I love it. The look on his face is priceless. Where have you been lately?! We miss you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Hi Apple! 

Sierra, our cat is supposedly a "hypo-allergenic" breed, despite being long haired. She's very talkative with a large vocal range, has quite the personality and is very affectionate yet has some moments of craziness. She keeps everyone on their toes! 

Incase anyone is interested, this is a great profile of the breed, or at least how Tasha is:

Pele, hearing about your talkative chicken made me "awwww" out loud and smile. That's so cute. I didn't realize some chickens are such social creatures. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My contract is up at the place I was working so I have been back and forth a lot and have to be sneaky with my knot time..

I don't approve.

I have missed you guys! I am having knot withdrawls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-286?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cafbac1-299a-4fa5-8cab-70f4cbe85af2Post:38943f53-5b79-4f63-870d-0196b556833d">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Apple!  Sierra, our cat is supposedly a "hypo-allergenic" breed, despite being long haired. She's very talkative with a large vocal range, has quite the personality and is very affectionate yet has some moments of craziness. She keeps everyone on their toes!  Pele, hearing about your talkative chicken made me "awwww" out loud and smile. That's so cute. I didn't realize some chickens are such social creatures. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I didnt know that cats can be hypo-allergenic!! I need to look into that. My FI LOVES cats & I feel really bad because he wants one so bad. I like cats, but the fact that I am so allergic to them keeps us from getting one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-286?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cafbac1-299a-4fa5-8cab-70f4cbe85af2Post:8da847a5-5810-4f86-b2c2-9e77175cf512">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I didnt know that cats can be hypo-allergenic!! I need to look into that. My FI LOVES cats & I feel really bad because he wants one so bad. I like cats, but the fact that I am so allergic to them keeps us from getting one.
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

<div>I edited my original post to add a link about the breed. You may want to look into it. But, many people will still react to hypo-allergenic breeds. It's best to contact a breeder and see how you are with them. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm allergic to cats and dogs (among other things), but I've been okay with our cat which I assume is mostly because I've built up an immunity to her. I still react to other cats though. H really wants a dog (a great dane), so I have an appointment with an allergist to talk to her about getting allergy shots which are supposed to build up your immunity to what you're allergic too. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-286?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cafbac1-299a-4fa5-8cab-70f4cbe85af2Post:38943f53-5b79-4f63-870d-0196b556833d">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Apple!  Sierra, our cat is supposedly a "hypo-allergenic" breed, despite being long haired. She's very talkative with a large vocal range, has quite the personality and is very affectionate yet has some moments of craziness. She keeps everyone on their toes!  Incase anyone is interested, this is a great profile of the breed, or at least how Tasha is: <a href="http://siberiankitten.webs.com/whatisasiberian.htm" rel="nofollow">http://siberiankitten.webs.com/whatisasiberian.htm</a> Pele, hearing about your talkative chicken made me "awwww" out loud and smile. That's so cute. I didn't realize some chickens are such social creatures. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I love how Siberian cats look!  I had no idea they were supposed to be hypoallergenic.  Interesting!

As for chickens, yes I was surprised too when I was introduced to them through my friends.  They'll pick friends to pal around with, a certain hen will decide she's the flock matron and keep order, they'll sit in the sun and chat with each other while dust-bathing, etc.  It's hilarious.  I read somewhere that they have over 300 different vocalizations.  I believe it.  My girls have a specific 'battly-cry" to alert each other that the neighborhood squirrel has shown up.  They'll form up and chase him off, then "hrmph!" at each other like scandalized old ladies.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-286?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0cafbac1-299a-4fa5-8cab-70f4cbe85af2Post:010222d8-7897-439f-992a-3ad13e3d6c94">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I edited my original post to add a link about the breed. You may want to look into it. But, many people will still react to hypo-allergenic breeds. It's best to contact a breeder and see how you are with them.  I'm allergic to cats and dogs (among other things), but I've been okay with our cat which I assume is mostly because I've built up an immunity to her. I still react to other cats though. H really wants a dog (a great dane), so I have an appointment with an allergist to talk to her about getting allergy shots which are supposed to build up your immunity to what you're allergic too. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

I will def have to look into it! I actually already met with an allergist before & he didnt want to do the shots, but FI really wants me to get them so we can get a cat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The allergens that people react to in cats are in their saliva. Since most cats shed everywhere, the allergens get everywhere.

I haven't read up on the siberian, but I wonder if maybe they don't shed as much? The most hypoallergenic cat you can get is a rex (any of the hairless breeds) because they don't have any fur to shed. If you're up close and personal you might still get a mild reaction (ie cat rubbing his face on yours etc.)
    Anniversary
  • I hear you; it's the same way with my dogs! They're both rescue dogs who had hard lives before I brought them into their furever home. Dakota, my boy, was born in Kentucky, sold on Kijiji to someone in Alberta (where I live, in Canada), then taken to the humane society because he and the family's children didn't get along. This was all before his 3rd birthday! Lily, my girl, was abandoned with 4 other shih tzu dogs (1 boy, 4 girls; all of the girls had had puppies). Puppies were sold, and the lady who owned all the adult dogs left them in her apartment. They were all in sad shape when the landlord found them; Lily was 5lbs and she's now 10lbs (9lbs is optimum though...too many homebaked treats, oops!)

At any rate though, Dakota and my fiance's dog are our ring barkers and Lily is our flower dog. The boys will also be carrying our rings at our wedding. They're a huge part of our lives! :)

An idea that you might want to try for calming your dog(s) during car rides/vet visits/etc.: http://www.petnaturals.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=2
    I give the small dog ones to Dakota because he gets car sick, and they do tend to work very well. If you need something a little stronger, talk to your vet about giving them Children's Gravol. If we go on a long car ride, I stick 1 Children's Gravol tablet in a pill pocket treat thing, and he's good for the entire ride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards