Snarky Brides

Monday

Oh lord today was a busy day... I worked a long day doing all kinds of multitasking... and to top it all off translating... I was exhausted... Tomorrow me and FI have an appointment with a mortgage broker and hopefully we get approved for the loan on a house we have been looking at. He wants us to get our lives put together first and all that and my main thing is that although he may want this, if our credit is not good enough we will be stuck renting and him and I are already sick of our landlord... Our main complaint aside from him having his friends' mail sent to the house and expects us to hold onto it and all that is that he pops in at random and expects us to cater to him... UGH.... I do not want to rent anymore because landlords to me just suck right now...

Re: Monday

• Good luck on the loan. We rent but we use a property management company. They don't drop by, they handle not repairs and it works for us. Wed love to buy but he has his ex wife's $300k mortgage stuck to his name bc of a bad decision. In the divorce he wanted out so bad he said "she can have the house I don't care" without stipulating she had to refinance. So now his name is glued to it till she sells (which is never since its only work $140,000). Sorry off topic there.... I hope you get approved. If not is it possible to find a home through a company instead of a private landlord? I refuse to rent through a private person. Never know if they quit paying the mortgage or not.
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Good luck with the mortgage approval!!! It is sooo stressful. I was in the same boat. I make more money but have horrible credit due due to being dumb in college a couple years ago. FI, at the time we weren't engaged yet, had awesome credit but didn't make enough for approval on his own. We thought out our negatives/positives with our credit would cancel each other out but it didn't work that way. He ended up loaning me money to pay off some of my debt which helped raise my score just enought. Nightmare.

Hopefully your bank is helpful. Our mortgage officer was amazing and worked to find any way to help raise my score. Ask if she can provide credit senarios. Mine could estimate what my score would be if I put x amount down on x loan, CC, etc. Also the USDA had a program which qualified first time homeowners a $0 down payment which helped us a lot. We used the little we were planning for a down payment to put towards my debt. Another option is maybe looking into homes that are rent to own?? If you can find a home that is for sale by owner they might be willing to work with you on that until you can straighten out your credit situation. Good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yep, good luck with the mortgage.  I actually got a closing scheduled for my house.  I have mixed feelings because I really liked that house but this put us one step closer to having our house (me and FI).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:31e8c3c3-f6f0-4e4e-8661-9408f34b9794Post:ae3aa720-681a-4bbe-bf6c-68a04f1877c0">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck on the loan. We rent but we use a property management company. They don't drop by, they handle not repairs and it works for us. Wed love to buy but he has his ex wife's $300k mortgage stuck to his name bc of a bad decision. In the divorce he wanted out so bad he said "she can have the house I don't care" without stipulating she had to refinance. So now his name is glued to it till she sells (which is never since its only work $140,000). Sorry off topic there.... I hope you get approved. If not is it possible to find a home through a company instead of a private landlord? I refuse to rent through a private person. Never know if they quit paying the mortgage or not.
    Posted by JillianNJohn[/QUOTE]

<div>I am hoping so.... We arestill going through the process and the broker ended up calling insick that day so we have to reschedule... Fluke thing... and we talked to him and he sounded awful. We blike the guy and want to go through him because he is a family friend and would not do us wrong... Plus it would help his business... If we do end up renting the guy said he would do the researchfor us just give him the criteria we are looking for... We told him about our landlord woes and he said that those things would drive him crazy too...</div><div>
    </div><div>300K mortgage stuck to his name... ouch! What a nightmare... has he talked to her about refinancing it to her and her significant other if she has one yet? I feel for you guys and I hope that this gets solved because credit can be very touchy... I made my mistakes awhile ago and find myself paying for them even though it is all paid off with the exception of my student loan...  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:31e8c3c3-f6f0-4e4e-8661-9408f34b9794Post:ab5d0ff4-e791-4d0e-89b3-04506a05269f">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, good luck with the mortgage.  I actually got a closing scheduled for my house.  I have mixed feelings because I really liked that house but this put us one step closer to having our house (me and FI).
    Posted by tlc35[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That is awesome! I hope that you and your FI find the dream home that you both want! Mine and I are in search of ours but we want to get preapproved first for the loan that way we have it all on the table and hopefully smooth sailing from there... Our broker actually ended up callingin sick that day so we are still waiting... We are waiting because the guy is a family friend and we really like him and want for him to get the credit for it... It is just that the waiting is stressful when the landlord drives us bats to begin with... Our lease is up in July on the house and my soon to be MIL is not happy with the landlord at all and thinks that he needs to butt out of our business and stop the random stuff... 

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:31e8c3c3-f6f0-4e4e-8661-9408f34b9794Post:4dd6c032-639c-4975-a2f7-5df3dcf5e04e">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck with the mortgage approval!!! It is sooo stressful. I was in the same boat. I make more money but have horrible credit due due to being dumb in college a couple years ago. FI, at the time we weren't engaged yet, had awesome credit but didn't make enough for approval on his own. We thought out our negatives/positives with our credit would cancel each other out but it didn't work that way. He ended up loaning me money to pay off some of my debt which helped raise my score just enought. Nightmare. Hopefully your bank is helpful. Our mortgage officer was amazing and worked to find any way to help raise my score. Ask if she can provide credit senarios. Mine could estimate what my score would be if I put x amount down on x loan, CC, etc. Also the USDA had a program which qualified first time homeowners a $0 down payment which helped us a lot. We used the little we were planning for a down payment to put towards my debt. Another option is maybe looking into homes that are rent to own?? If you can find a home that is for sale by owner they might be willing to work with you on that until you can straighten out your credit situation. Good luck!!
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We are looking into any and all options because once July rolls around and our lease is up with tthe landlord we really want out... My FI and I are annoyed by him and some of the stuff that he does... He is kinda invasive because he will come by early in the morning or semi-late at night when we are winding down... The guy that we are trying to go through for the house runs a private company and we really like him and want him to get credit for it. He is willing to do all those things as well as come over to our house when we want to talk because him and his family live rather close to us. 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards