Snarky Brides

Fall Wedding 2014

Okay we have the date set and I already have my attendants picked out (I know it is a little early)... I have the colors of Navy and Forest Green picked out with an accent of silver. I want to take all my girls shoping for their dresses or at least to browse some local bridal shops to get a feel for their style... I might think about allowing them to choose their own dresses (in the color of Navy) that fit their personailities as well as for those who are figure conscious (one of them had a baby six months ago)...Another thing is that one of my girls lives a few states away and I want to include her so I am thinking that we might have to set a date and time for her and I to go shopping and get things done on her timeline as well. What are some thoughts or ideas to solve this matter... I am thinking facetime on iPhone since her and I have one or Skype....

Re: Fall Wedding 2014

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fall-wedding-2014?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:38b5f783-2e0e-4664-8c41-4aa86e2687f1Post:f1d9913a-8060-4f02-8d9e-72f60949a5ec">Fall Wedding 2014</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay we have the date set and I already have my attendants picked out (I know it is a little early)... I have the colors of Navy and Forest Green picked out with an accent of silver. I want to take all my girls shoping for their dresses or at least to browse some local bridal shops to get a feel for their style... I might think about allowing them to choose their own dresses (in the color of Navy) that fit their personailities as well as for those who are figure conscious (one of them had a baby six months ago)...Another thing is that one of my girls lives a few states away and I want to include her so I am thinking that we might have to set a date and time for her and I to go shopping and get things done on her timeline as well. What are some thoughts or ideas to solve this matter... I am thinking facetime on iPhone since her and I have one or Skype....
    Posted by starchyld77[/QUOTE]

Congrats on setting the date! 

You'll seriously thank yourself later if you let the girls pick their own dresses.  It takes A LOT of stress of your back.  I gave my girls directions to pick out dresses in X length and X color, and they did a fabulous job.  You may want to consider sending them color swatches of the shade of navy you want.

I would be very sensitive to your out of state BM.  If she seems like she wants to be involved, then by all means, skype and whatnot.  However, BMs have their own lives, and owning a pair of ovaries doesn't automatically make people squeal over weddings.  If she doesn't seem much interested in the details, don't take it personally and keep wedding talk to a minimum (IE, resume friendship as normal, talk about each other's lives equally).

Two of my BMs were not interested in details at all, and that was totally cool (in fact, one was my sister and MOH).  My FSIL, however, was all about it, and so I gladly accepted her offers to wedding powow when she made them.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Congrats on your engagement-- now relax and enjoy it a little!  No need to even think about dresses for another 9 months or so.  Go shopping in March/April of 2014.  Styles will change, colors will change, prices will change.  Heck, your girls can even get pregnant and have a baby before you even need to start looking!  Its fine to be excited and look for inspiration, but please do not make your girls buy a dress that will sit in their closet for a year.   

Anniversary
  • I am not making anyone buy any dresses at this time... My out of stater is my best friend and she says that if and when we go shopping that she will try to get time off to fly up here to go shopping with everyone because she wants to be included.  Heck her and one of my other close friends have been texting back and forth about it since it happened so it is going to be fairly easy and I am glad that they all get along so far... Hell I was in a wedding where all the other girls did not get along with the MOH for some reason or another and I literally had to call "Switzerland" and referee at the request of the bride, it was awful. I amjust glad that they all get along and that there has been no animosity...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards