Snarky Brides

Sorry to blow up!!

OK, we are getting married in 2 months. My MOH, sister, lives out of state, and flew home for a week to help with wedding stuff and "to get me organized" so she said. We got a lot accomplished, but here's the deal...we finally got the wording right for the invites, which there are two invites, a ceremony invite and a reception invite. Since we are printing our own she said she would take the flash drive and the invites and have them printed and shipped to me then I could address and send them out. Well she took the flash drive and not the invites, so now I have to wait for her to send me the flash drive so I can drive an hour to Kinkos and have them printed!! I am kind of freaking out because we get married in 60 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I just need to keep calm, everyone knows we are getting married but I have to get some of this stuff done or else it's going to be a train wreck. And my ever loving fiance with his super laid back and mellow and easy going pretty sure it will all work out attitude is not freaking out with me. Would you guys be freaking out??

Re: Sorry to blow up!!

• Just some questions/things to keep in mind:

1.) Calm down.  Breathe.  It WILL be ok
    2.) Why is your MOH doing all this for you?  It's not her job to "get you organized".  She has to buy a dress and show up.  I know, many MOHs and BMs (especially a sister), will offer to help, which is nice.  But what's she's doing seems like too much.
    3.) Two separate invites?  Are some of your guests only invited to the reception?  Or by reception "invite" do you really mean an enclosure with reception information?
    4.) Your FI is trying to help you calm down, because he cares about you.  Try not to get frustrated with his lack of "freaking out".
    5.) You're addressing the invites yourself?  You don't have them  yet?  When exactly do you plan on sending them out?  IMO, you're cutting it close, but you probably already know that.

Best of luck OP!
  • In response to your 12345:)
    1. Ok, I am trying
    2. Because she is my sister, my older wiser, smarter sister:)lol! She wants it to be perfect, and I know it will, she just doesn't want me stressed.
    3. 2 seperate invitations will be mailed. We are having a small ceremony and a large reception afterward.
    4.  I will be nice to FI, and try not to freak out on him, he is doing a lot of DIY projects for the wedding and I know in an instant he would fly to the moon and back if I told him we needed 37 5.5x 62.313 moon rocks to make this happen. lol! (He truly loves me)
    5. Yes, all our invites will be addressed by hand. My girlfriend and I will pull this one off. I have them purchased, they are just waiting for me to fill them with that one key piece of information,  THE INVite!!!!! Ahhhh!!

I know this will all work out. I really do. If I could just get these damn invites out then I could get everything else figured out. I am looking for the perfect magic # that will tell me exactly How much food to order? chairs? desert? tables...DIY table runners, DIY centerpieces, etc... Oh deep Breath....Thanks for letting me blow up.
  • Ok, this makes more sense now.  It will be ok!  It sounds like you have a sister and FI who both care about you very much.  We all freak out from time to time, trust me!  My FI is pretty good at staying calm, so I definitely get where you're coming from!  Just keep breathing, and everything will be wonderful!

• Thanks Witty Kitty!!

• Things will be fine!!!!

My H had the same laid back attitude, and was always calm as well.  Turn out that everything WAS fine.

May I make a suggestion?  If you have the envelopes, address them now.  Then when you get the invitations and all from the printer, all you will need to do is assemble them and stuff the already addressed envelopes.  

Take a deep breath and try to enjoy the planning. Most of all, when the day arrives, enjoy it to the fullest!  
  • I have good/bad news!! Bad News: My sisters computer crashed while she was working on the invites. And I feel terrible about it, she really has worked hard on this. Good News: I called Kinkos/FedEx and they were super helpful, told me to bring the email in around 7 tonite while they are super slow, and they may charge me $5-$10 to set it up, but they will make sure everything fits nice. I feel bad for my sister and don't want to take this away from her, but I think she may be ultimately relieved when I get this done. I know I will be.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sorry-to-blow-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f8345026-1d98-42ea-a82e-5b9a9c789582Post:59963c6d-8633-494a-9479-ceb66d7e5944">Re: Sorry to blow up!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I could just get these damn invites out then I could get everything else figured out. I am looking for the perfect magic # that will tell me exactly How much food to order? chairs? desert? tables...DIY table runners, DIY centerpieces, etc... Oh deep Breath....Thanks for letting me blow up.
    Posted by tompkgl[/QUOTE]

....wait.  You're 60 days (or now less) out and you haven't ordered food, chairs, desserts, tables?!

Whoooo boy. 

Good luck. 
  • Update!!! Invites are done, addressing them tonight, mailing them out tomorrow. 1 day early!! Food/Booze/Chairs/Everything else etc have been ordered. We ordered more than we needed to start and get a ball park. Now I am looking for that final # so  I know exactly how much. I am so glad to get these invites done! I am pretty sure there is a God, and his name is Paul and he works at Kinkos in Lincoln. He totally helped me out with our invitations!! I told FI, "yay, we can really get married now, we have invites!!"
  • I am in a super similar situation! We are getting married in 2 months and I have not printed my invitations yet either! We just figured out the wording and stationary and everyone that has offered to help with our diy printing the last few weeks has failed us. lol We are having a minor struggle because people are starting to get hurt thinking they aren't invited! But they will get over it when their invitations come. How we are dealing with smoothing things over is directing people to our wedding website through the knot, which has all the details of the invitation. 
  • Best of luck to you! It will all work out, granted I did have a "moment of freakout!". I highly reccomend Kinkos. They were very helpful!! They made sure everything fit and our invites look beautiful!! And for 150 invites it only cost $12!!! Our DIY wedding invites cost us only $32.00! I can't believe it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards