March 2014 Weddings

Jericho Terrace

hey all...

when we booked our venue we signed for a room that was about to get renovated.  Today we finaly saw it complete and made me soo excited it made me have chills and i had tears in my eyes.  Now I am even more excited for the day to get here.

How is planning going for everyone else?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jericho Terrace

• That's awesome! Congrats! Planning process is going boring for me, I don't see what everyone stresses about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! I've heard the food at Jericho Terrace is amazing. I went dress shopping on Saturday (woohoo!). FI and I are planning on meeting with another officiant this weekend. I stopped by our venue yesterday and they're in the process of replacing the floors. I loved it when I booked it, but now I love it even more! Lisa, I agree. No stress here, and I feel like I'm sitting around saying, "hmm, what shall I do next?" I went to a bridal expo this weekend and was finished seeing the booths within 10 minutes because I already most of the big vendors booked!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sounds great about your venue.  Basically, we have everything booked that is major and we're actively working on the last major aspect - the stationery.  I have spent the last 3 weeks or so reviewing affordable letterpress.  They are not easy to find, lemme tell you.

We've already done the booking/contracts, or purchases, or whatever, for:

Wedding venue (ceremony in garden, cocktail hour in garden & inside, reception in ballroom)
    Musician (hammered dulcimer - for ceremony & cocktail hour - in the garden)
    Officiant
    MUA
    Classic Car Rental (1951 white and maroon Bentley)
    Florist (who is also doing lanterns in the garden at the pergola where we are wed, along the garden path hanging from tree branches, etc.)
    Caterer (who is also doing all rentals, bartending, full open bar, and cake)
    Wedding Dress (I have to send her my measurements and then she'll begin work - it's a custom dress)
    Shoes (I have to order them but I found them and have them half paid for with a gift certificate)
    Veil (ordered it about a week ago)
    Engravable Guest Book Picture Frame
    Bridesmaid Gifts (I ordered 3 customized clutch purses with little label-note thingies)
    My Purse (same company as above, but a larger design with no label and a patterned satin vs solid color)
    We've designed our STD and ordered these (should come in a week or two)
    We've designed our Menu
    We've designed our Reception Playlist for our I-Pod (still finalizing a few key components, such as "First Dance" and "Cake Cutting")
    We've designed a draft version of our program
    We've got our ceremony figured out except for our vows
    We've ordered custom printed canvas tote bags for Welcome Bags
    We've composed 90% of the welcome bag booklet/welcome letter
    We've sourced a welcome bag enclosure we're doing of Old Bay Crab Cake Seasoning (Baltimore, MD regional favorite/signature food)
    We've got a rough idea of reception seating, and designed our table signs (we're doing various beaches and shorelines around the world)
    We found affordable sparklers, matches, and napkins but haven't bought these yet
    My dad is making us a cardbox, because he's a hobby woodworker
    We've selected bridesmaid dresses, and the lanterns they'll carry

We have NOT done anything about: Men's attire

And after the stationery finalizing, we're going to do the music finalizing I mentioned...and then it's on to the fun task of collecting the last 20 addresses (all groom's side)....because we've also done all the spreadsheet stuff and so forth to do addresses for guests

(I know I am totally CRAY-CRAY)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards