October 2013 Weddings

Yay Friday!

I am done with work at 11 today in light of Good Friday. I plan on going home, opening some windows (its supposed to be almost 50 today, whoa heat wave!) and cleaning my house. It is desparate need of attention.

I have another night of training at the bar, the only bad thing is I don't go in until 10.

Tomorrow I really don't have much planned. The place I got my dress and the BM dresses is having a promotion on tuxes right now. If you go in and register before Sunday all the guys get $40 off their rental and with 6 rentals the groom gets his free. So we are going to register those.

FI has some sort of something up his sleeve and said we are going on a dinner date. Other than that, our Saturday is pretty low key for once.

Sunday we really don't have much going on either! We are going to have dinner with our friends, my MOH and his GM. So that should be fun.

Re: Yay Friday!

• I love these half days at work!!  I'm in 8-12, and afte work, I'm going to go ride my horses.  It's supposed to be in the 70's when I get out of here.

Lucky you on the tuxes!  I keep trying to gently nudge my FI to go talk to a few of the local places about getting measured and what the cost will be, etc, etc.  He, however, keeps saying it's too soon.  Undecided  The place I bought my dress from works with one place, and there's another place offering a deal if you rent 4, the 5th is free.  Personally, I just want to know what it's going to cost so I can budget for it!

Saturday is a motorcycle ride to Houston, then Sunday is off to my parent's house for BBQ instead of the traditional Easter dinner. 

What's everyone else doing this wonderful weekend?  :)
  • edited March 2013
    Yay short Friday for you! No word on when we can leave today - but in light of Good Friday I'm probably going to try and skip out about 2.

Tonight is cleaning and finishing up a sewing project for me.

Saturday is my church's "first annual" Easter egg hunt, I'm probably a little more excited about it than I should be, haha. Then I have to make my GF cupcakes (going with strawberry!)

Sunday is church. Basically all morning. I'm serving at both services, so I'll be there from about 8:30-1. Then it's Easter "dinner" at 2 with my Virginia family, and then hopefully a nap.
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I am going bowling tonight for my bday (actual bday is Monday).  Then, tomorrow, I am babysitting for FI's sister so she can go to a baby shower.  Bleh.  No plans for tomorrow night.

Sunday is church and then brunch with FI's family.  

We don't get to leave work early today, but I may skip out early.  It is already one of those days.

• Happy Friday indeed! If I get all of my stuff done we get to leave at 2 today - woohoo!

Tonight it is packing up the rest of the house and possibly a fish fry.

Tomorrow is breakfast with the easter bunny and my neice/family and moving. If all goes well with the offer (which we still don't have paperwork on) we have our inspection scheduled for tomorrow morning as well. Who knows if that will happen though. I am getting really angry with this bank.

Sunday is all family Easter celebrations, but this year it doesn't start until 1pm so at least we'll get to sleep in!

Monday I close on the sale of my home! I am so anxious for that to be done. :-)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_yay-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:0c5e7f0c-6cb8-4b0b-95b2-645a4da4b774Post:fc7b3ac2-4b25-40ae-a9eb-57d1490198f8">Re: Yay Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love these half days at work!!  I'm in 8-12, and afte work, I'm going to go ride my horses.  It's supposed to be in the 70's when I get out of here. Lucky you on the tuxes!  I keep trying to gently nudge my FI to go talk to a few of the local places about getting measured and what the cost will be, etc, etc.  He, however, keeps saying it's too soon.    The place I bought my dress from works with one place, and there's another place offering a deal if you rent 4, the 5th is free.  Personally, I just want to know what it's going to cost so I can budget for it! Saturday is a motorcycle ride to Houston, then Sunday is off to my parent's house for BBQ instead of the traditional Easter dinner.  What's everyone else doing this wonderful weekend?  :)
    Posted by shaylagirl[/QUOTE]

Can you introduce yourself? Thanks!

• I need to do my taxes this weekend. I meant to do them last weekend, but that didn't work out.

This weekend, we're working on securing our house after it was burgled last Friday. We're going to be building a fence, repairing the window they broke to enter the house, deciding on an alarm system, installing flood lights and placing dowels in all of the windows.

PSA: If you have all of your wedding stuff on your computer, eMail it to yourself or have it on a jump drive you keep away from your computer. We lost everything wedding-related including our guest list that I used to keep track of addresses and who had been sent things like save the dates.

• I've never looked forward to a Friday as much as I have this week! No real plans tonight, which is exactly what I need. Tomorrow, I need to clean up the bomb that went off in my apartment, and once FI gets out of work, we're playing poker with some friends. Sunday, since we can't get home to Rhode Island this weekend, we're having all our orphan friends over for brunch and will be watching a marathon of the Walking Dead. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No work today for me!

Sister's birthday is tomorrow. Sunday is church and dinner. Anything in between that is up in the air!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_yay-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:0c5e7f0c-6cb8-4b0b-95b2-645a4da4b774Post:5cbbec57-1fd3-4633-ba67-34f67a4d24b3">Re: Yay Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to do my taxes this weekend. I meant to do them last weekend, but that didn't work out. This weekend, we're working on securing our house after it was burgled last Friday. We're going to be building a fence, repairing the window they broke to enter the house, deciding on an alarm system, installing flood lights and placing dowels in all of the windows. PSA: If you have all of your wedding stuff on your computer, eMail it to yourself or have it on a jump drive you keep away from your computer. We lost everything wedding-related including our guest list that I used to keep track of addresses and who had been sent things like save the dates.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Ohmygosh, I'm so sorry!!! I hope the fence and everything keep you safe. Sending good vibes your way...</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_yay-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:0c5e7f0c-6cb8-4b0b-95b2-645a4da4b774Post:864d713d-ffe5-4902-8cef-81b77251e67a">Re: Yay Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never looked forward to a Friday as much as I have this week! No real plans tonight, which is exactly what I need. Tomorrow, I need to clean up the bomb that went off in my apartment, and once FI gets out of work, we're playing poker with some friends. Sunday, since we can't get home to Rhode Island this weekend, we're having all our orphan friends over for brunch and <strong>will be watching a marathon of the Walking Dead. </strong>
    Posted by stefanielynn25[/QUOTE]

<div>Sounds like the best Easter plan ever! We'll only be watching the finale - and it is killing me because we will have to watch it live because we don't have DVR now that we are moved out of the house! (I have been spoiled, I know)</div>
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• This week kinda flew by - it was super busy.  Now that I am here, done with work on Friday afternoon this weekend looks busy.

Tonight is the FGCU vs. UF game which is HUGE.  I graduated from FGCU in 2010 and am very much looking forward to seeing this school on the map. 

Tomorrow we are helping friends move and Sunday is family time for the holiday.  I plan to do nothing but relax Sunday.  I'll workout tonight, tomorrow and Sunday too but thats more of a given.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • I had a pretty normal day today at work, didn't get to leave early as hoped but oh well. Did some grocery shopping and ran errands. I had 3 wonderful surprises when I came home! Foxy's Easter present came in the mail, my address stamp with "OUR" names on it came as well as my fabric for the flower-girls dresses. So I will have some crafting and cleaning ahead of me tonight.
    My Saturday will consist of going to town to help with the Easter Egg hunt, then over to another local town with a friend and her kids for an Easter Carnival. Nothing planned for Saturday night as it is my Holiday to work Sunday and I'll be working a split shift. So my Easter is going to be pretty low key. Happy Easter to all, enjoy your weekend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards