October 2013 Weddings

More Registry Talk!

Where did you get registered at and why?

We are already registered at Target and now I'm rethinking Amazon.  I'm wanting to choose another place, just not sure where!!  Or maybe I should just stick to Target only?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: More Registry Talk!

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We registered at BBB and Amazon.  Then, we went to Macy's and found most of the stuff that we had put on our Amazon registry.  So, we started a registry at Macy's and deleted the Amazon one.  We are having a small-ish wedding (120 people) so I think registering at 2 places is enough.

• We are doing BBB.  We have lived together for 6 years and there isn't anything we don't already have.  So we will register for things we would like (like a new toaster, plates that match, a freaking ROOMBA, etc..) 

We picked BBB because it easy to find, website is easy to navigate and for a year afterwards we can puchase the remainder of the registry for 10% off.  Not too shabby.

Rochelle - Is 120 people really a small ish wedding?  Ours will be somewhere between 90-100 and I felt terrible for telling univited people that were just having a small wedding. I was thinking it wasn't that small but maybe?
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Oh no, ours is definitely smaller. We're at 65 at this point with BP. There are so many people we would like to have but know it's better to be small. I think Amazon should do an overhaul on their registry, it's not as userfriendly as I'm sure they think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_more-registry-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:45b60e7c-bbe6-444d-8d9a-487bdfabc550Post:43e125ef-44ce-42ab-84a0-fc49ca1e58e6">Re: More Registry Talk!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing BBB.  We have lived together for 6 years and there isn't anything we don't already have.  So we will register for things we would like (like a new toaster, plates that match, a freaking ROOMBA, etc..)  We picked BBB because it easy to find, website is easy to navigate and for a year afterwards we can puchase the remainder of the registry for 10% off.  Not too shabby. Rochelle - Is 120 people really a small ish wedding?  Ours will be somewhere between 90-100 and I felt terrible for telling univited people that were just having a small wedding. I was thinking it wasn't that small but maybe?
    Posted by 09McSteph03[/QUOTE]

<div>I consider it a small-ish wedding!  I say small'ish because truly small weddings are in the 50-ish neighborhood, IMO.  After FI's family and my family, we are inviting only close friends.  We could probably have 200 if we wanted to include all friends.  I wouldn't feel bad telling people you are having a small wedding and a big family.</div>

• We are registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, Amazon.com, REI and Crate and Barrel.

(We have yet to actually set up the Crate and Barrel registry, though)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We are registered at BBB and Amazon. The Amazon one is mostly so we can combine things we want from various retailers into one list. We decided to stick to one store since we have been living together for a couple years and most of the things we registered for are upgrades to what we currently have.
  • We're registering at Home Depot and Target. We've been living together for over three years, so we pretty much have everything we need. We're doing renovations on the house, however, and need a bunch of stuff from Home Depot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards