October 2013 Weddings

Cost of invites

Stina - I was just reading your post in NEY - and most people spent $300 and under on invites.

It appears I'll be over double that - and haven't really seen cheaper options. The ones I am finding say on the site they are $1.67 an invite, plus rsvp card, and I might even put the reception info on the actual invite. Probably will need around 200. 

How's everyone else doing on invites? I am looking for high quality invites, but they don't need to be ridiculous.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Cost of invites

• I can't really help you much as I am making my own invitations and printing them myself or having them printed at kinks or a similar printer. When I was looking at pricing though they seemed to be around $2-$3 per invite plus inclusions.
  • I am buying from cards and pockets and printing myself. Cost of supplies plus another round of black ink will be around 225 and that's for 75 invites which is 3 per invite. When I was searching for what I wanted it was running closer to 5 or over for a completed invite. I'm going to do just one insert, the invite and RSVP. I'm going to see what I can do to bring it down a little bit but I'm sure that's right where I was at in price.
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • We're paying I think it was$2.76 an invite for 200 of them from cards&pockets and thats with them printing.

I went back and read the thread, most of them actually paid around the $300 mark but with less invites. Some girls paid almost $4 a piece for theirs whereas other got lucky and got deals, but then complained about the quality.

My sister and FI's sister both went to a place where we live. My sister invited 135 people and FI's sister invited 250 ppl. My sister used pockets, his sister did not. They each paid almost $600 for this place to do their invites. We're paying around $550 with 400 ppl being invited,

• OP, from what I've read the way most people are doing their invitations on the less expensive side is they are doing the printing themselves, or they are putting everything together themselves, like matting or assembling.  
  • edited March 2013
    Interesting!
    I just went back to the site (TheAmericanWedding.com) and put together what I might order and put it together, took off the reception card, etc and factored in a 10% off coupon - it's more like $500. That appears to be in the normal range, and I really like the invites (they're letterpress.)

Still haven't totally decided, but they would be pretty!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We are getting ours at a place local that we found.  I was beyond nervous cause we picked out ones that looked really expensive foil and everything, (typography, rsvp card, reception card, envelope liner, return address pre printed) and it was under budget, they also threw in personalized napkins and thank you cards for free.  I think I was beyond nervous, and the sticker shock can be scary.  Glad the coupon works out for you.  I like a lot of the American Wedding ones.  If you join them you may get various coupons, we got one for 20% off orders of $275 or more.
  • I've priced them out and we're going to end up spending about $300 on invites, I'm averaging about $3.80/invite and ordering 80 of them. I'm ordering from C&Ps as well, with printing. But I have the invitation + 3 enclosures I'm getting printed. (Now I'm trying to figure out what adhesive to get. Is anyone else doing invites that need adhesive? Any suggestions?)

I was originally saying about $400, but then I realized that included all of my STDs + their stamps! Whoops. I'm already looking into printing the programs on my own, but I'm missing one key thing for that... the printer cables, ha! I am planning on doing a hunt this weekend for them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_cost-of-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:77bb923c-bc39-43d9-afb6-03e452eca99cPost:9c69f785-3abb-4192-8786-8ac1e956ed01">Re: Cost of invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've priced them out and we're going to end up spending about $300 on invites, I'm averaging about $3.80/invite and ordering 80 of them. I'm ordering from C&Ps as well, with printing. But I have the invitation + 3 enclosures I'm getting printed. (Now I'm trying to figure out what adhesive to get. Is anyone else doing invites that need adhesive? Any suggestions?) I was originally saying about $400, but then I realized that included all of my STDs + their stamps! Whoops. I'm already looking into printing the programs on my own, but I'm missing one key thing for that... the printer cables, ha! I am planning on doing a hunt this weekend for them.
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

Is that you putting them together too?

We have the pockets, mats, invite wording, RSVP, Reception card, and envelopes. Them printing, we are putting them together and itll be $2.76 a piece for 200. So maybe the more you order the cheaper it is?

• We used wedding paper divas.... For the envelopes, pocket folds, invites, RSVP, and reception insert, and tags... the entire thing came to 647 with a 20% code for 115 invites.They do not look like I only spent 650, they look a lot more expensive. The only thing with them is you have to fix the Invite to the pocket fold yourself... I ended up buying extra card stock to put under my invite to give it more of a pop of color, and buying ribbon to fix to the outside of the pocket fold..... I was able to create an invite that would have cost me over 2,000 if I had gone to a stationer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I never ever thought I'd use boxed invitations... but thats exactly what I'm about to do!  I bought Wilton brand boxed invites (25 invites for 24.99 with 50% off coupons at Joanns), 6 boxes, total is about $80 with tax.  They are pre-made pocket invites too, includes ribbon (might use my own to make it more fancy).  This is one place that we came in well under budget, and I'm happy with it.  I'd rather spend the saved money on our attendants gifts (which is starting to go over budget!).

Here is the picture from the website

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_cost-of-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:77bb923c-bc39-43d9-afb6-03e452eca99cPost:afe04703-8918-49fe-8b02-7ec405e1c9ee">Re: Cost of invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cost of invites : Is that you putting them together too? We have the pockets, mats, invite wording, RSVP, Reception card, and envelopes. Them printing, we are putting them together and itll be $2.76 a piece for 200. So maybe the more you order the cheaper it is?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>It depends a lot on the paper you've chosen and your design. I'm getting 4 pieces printed for me (80 of each), and the design I came up with requires full bleed, which is an extra $0.05/page. My initial quote was higher because I chose the "Cream Puff" paper and the print shop came back to me & basically said my design would need to be printed on their twice for it to look good. So I switched to the "Cream" paper and am saving $15 off the first print quote.</div><div>
    </div><div>We're going to be ordering: the prints (invite, map, hotel info, and RSVP), pockets, envelopes (invites and the RSVPs), and belly bands. I'll be assembling them on my own.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_cost-of-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:77bb923c-bc39-43d9-afb6-03e452eca99cPost:c4a5dcb9-f9a9-4843-b2e5-b124daa57f5c">Re: Cost of invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cost of invites : It depends a lot on the paper you've chosen and your design. I'm getting 4 pieces printed for me (80 of each), and the design I came up with requires full bleed, which is an extra $0.05/page. My initial quote was higher because I chose the "Cream Puff" paper and the print shop came back to me & basically said my design would need to be printed on their twice for it to look good. So I switched to the "Cream" paper and am saving $15 off the first print quote. We're going to be ordering: the prints (invite, map, hotel info, and RSVP), pockets, envelopes (invites and the RSVPs), and belly bands. I'll be assembling them on my own.
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

I got the cream puff for my envelopes but then the metallic opal for the pockets and enclosures then got the metallic merlot for the mats.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_cost-of-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:77bb923c-bc39-43d9-afb6-03e452eca99cPost:15744126-1802-4559-b110-4a8c95d08c8d">Re: Cost of invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cost of invites : I got the cream puff for my envelopes but then the metallic opal for the pockets and enclosures then got the metallic merlot for the mats.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, I'm doing the cream puff envelopes as well. Lagoon pockets and cream paper. What pockets are you going with? We're doing the Perfetto pocket.</div><div>
    </div><div>PS Looked at the merlot - gorgeous color!!!</div>
  • I'm so confused!  Or maybe it's because I'm just doing simple cardstock for the invites.  But right now it's looking like around $50 for 100 invites for us.  I want to use VistaPrint.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I already bought my invitations, I got them from magnetstreet.com. The quality of the invitations are incredible. I couldn't be happier with them and for 100 invitations with rsvp postcards and envelopes we paid $177 after shipping and taxes. They always have some sort of coupon or promo code, we got 25% off when we ordered ours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • we're spending about $150 for printing and invitations and rsvp cards for about 60 - 70 invitations (I haven't actually ordered them yet).

That includes a $50 shipping fee since they're coming from India. I couldn't find any that I liked from the states, so I found an Indian website, got a sample and love them. They're silk paper. I love them! My brother's GF said she's going to keep the black envelope and use it as a wallet haha.

• I bought invitiation kits from Joann Fabrics. They are $24.99 per kit (25 invites in each kit) I bought 6 kits (3 each at 2 different stores because that's all they had in stock) and I had 3 coupons for 60% off one item. I was happy to get to use ONE coupon but each store let me use all 3 (knowing that I had already used them at the other store) because they were 2 different sources (text, email, and app). I ended up spending $60 TOTAL for 150 invitations. Not gonna lie, I'm proud of myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards