October 2013 Weddings

Weekend checks!

I feel like I always start this thread since I'm always so excited to share my progress. Yey!

- We registered at our final store, Crate and Barrel
- Booked our honeymoon! 
- My maid of honor held brunch for my mother and sister and msyelf (my sister is my matron of honor) and we talked about shower plan ideas. It's not going to be a surprise for me at all, which was my choice, but we just talked about concept and ideas and what would work for everyone.

Felt good to be productive.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Weekend checks!

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We finished up pre-marital counseling this weekend!  (We also set a time for the ceremony - 2:30pm - now I can really start working on invites).
    I printed RSVP cards at home and continued tweaking my invite wording.  
    I ordered Reception cards and Rehearsal Dinner cards from VP on Saturday night.  

• He looked at wedding bands for himself; has 2 selected and in mind right now.

He finally got to at least see the grounds of both our ceremony and reception site and ask about chair rentals, etc for the ceremony.

Other than that, yeah, I've got nothing.  :|  I've kind of stalled out.
  • I painted my bedroom this weekend! haha

No checks for us. We are in the middle of doing house work before our appraisal.

Its supposed to rain all week so I might get my invites assembled, which will be nice.

• We had the meeting with the venue to finalize the layout of the space. FMIL found a great restaurant close to the venue and she's putting a deposit down on it today. We basically finalized the RD guest list and I forwarded that with addresses and food allergies to FMIL. FI and I sat down together and chose items we would like to taste. Other than that I did squat wedding related. Still trying to get access to the stuff I have that's on icloud.
  • We went backwards a little because I spent the weekend with my mom & sister (MOH). They decided that essentially almost everything I have planned isn't good enough and want to change it. No. No. No.

I'm so frustrated. Just. No.

I did, however, just decide that I will find a salon where I will get my hair & makeup done. I am not going to pay for my sister & BM & mom to get theirs done. If they want to, they can, but they don't have to. I am not going to make them. I will take them on Friday to get manis & pedis because we can, but otherwise, no. I have also decided that if I DO end up going with the salon where my FMIL gets her hair done, I will just not even tell my sister that it is that salon since apparently she has a problem getting her hair done at a place where FMIL gets her hair cut. Whatever. I'm over this.

I'm just ready to be done planning and marry this man.
  • No checks for us... :( Trying to book our honeymoon sometime this week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love reading about all the progress. Nice job everyone!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• This weekend I found a dress for one of my BM's (they're all wearing different LBDs), and a flower girl dress for her daughter.  We also decided on a RD restaurant and are working out the details with them to hold our date. We've got to start our C&B registry this week, been so busy we just haven't had time to go and spend a couple of hours there.
  • No checks here! I did have to have the dreadful conversation with my super catholic grandmother about the ceremony location, which of course is not in a church. Yikes
  • hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    We bought the pattern for my flower girl's dress! Still need to find the fabric though.

We also decided that we will be catering the rehearsal dinner at our home instead of going to a restaurant. I am going to talk to our favorite restaurant and hopefully they are available! (to cater - I reread and that was a confusing sentence. lol)

Tonight we are meeting with a travel agency about our honeymoon, and Sunday we are meeting wtih the caterer to finalize menus, linens, etc. etc. So that will be real progress!

We bought a house this weekend! So once we get the inspection and that is all approved I can finalize my invites (they are printing the return addresses on the envelopes for us) which is exciting too!!

ETA: Clarity
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Not too much here.  We ordered our invites from magnet street. Now this weekend I have my first "try on" of my dress.  Excited to try it on but I feel like I should be running everyday lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • FI booked our honeymoon last night.  So excited and it was under budget.  That was the last of our big checks. 

Now all we have left is little details like parents gifts, place cards and just enjoying the summer.

Oh and I love that I spoke to my dad this morning who is retired and now he wants to add someone to the guest list.  Got to love him haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards