Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Rehersal Dinner Ideas

Hi Everybody. I am looking for menu ideas for the rehersal dinner.  Here is the situation: my family is cooking the food for the rehersal dinner, so I want to keep it simple.  Originally I was thinking hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill with your typical picnic sides. 

The dilemia I am running into is that the food we are serving at the reception is also very picnic like: fried chicken, pulled pork, potato salad, mac and cheese, tossed salad, green beans. And I want to avoid serving the same type of food two days in a row. Does anybody have any ideas that would still be very simple, but different?

Also, both my cousin (MOH) and I have a gluten intolerence, so at least a portion of the meal needs to be gluten free.

Re: Rehersal Dinner Ideas

• Options
    Tacos and Fajitas?  Pizza? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Pizza, pasta, and salads?

• Options
    I vote for big dinner salads.   Basically get 30 or so large bowls, i.e. tupperware or plastic salad bowls from Walmart.  Big spoons or tongs.

2-3 large bowls of washed torn romaine lettuce
    1 bowl of torn washed spinach
    1 bowl of torn washed micro greens
    1 bowl of chopped grilled chicken
    1 bowl of undressed tuna meat
    1 bowl of cooked peeled shrimp
    1 bowl of chopped bacon pieces
    1 bowl of chopped boiled eggs
    1 bowl carrot silvers
    1 bowl radish slivers
    1 bowl celery slivers
    1 bowl sliced cubed tomato
    1 bowl shredded cheddar
    1 bowl sliced red onion
    1 bowl croutons
    1 bowl cucumber slices
    1 bowl sprouts
    1 bowl chick peas
    1 bowl chow mein noodles
    1 bowl mandarin oranges

etc.

(until you have enough, and 3-6 dressings, including one that is low fat balsamic vinegrette, 1 that is sesame ginger, etc.)

Plus I'd offer warm rolls and butter, the kind of rolls a person could use to make a sandwich with.
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas. We decided to go with a pasta dinner and anti-pasta salads. Should be pretty easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards