Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Tiered Cake with 1 Edible Tier

Hi!

I'm looking for a bakery near Annapolis, MD who makes tiered cakes, but has 1 edible tier while the others are fake. We would serve a sheet cake for our guests to eat that will be cut in the back.

Anyone have any recommendations? 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Tiered Cake with 1 Edible Tier

• Options
    If you post this on your local board (links to the left), you are likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_tiered-cake-with-1-edible-tier?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:8c4466e8-5cfe-4382-9b00-e50617fed768Post:41f343e7-d31a-4263-bbfe-91820b107087">Tiered Cake with 1 Edible Tier</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I'm looking for a bakery near Annapolis, MD who makes tiered cakes, but has 1 edible tier while the others are fake. We would serve a sheet cake for our guests to eat that will be cut in the back. Anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks in advance!
    Posted by Bruise[/QUOTE]

you may find this by posting on your local board, but most of the time this doesn't turn out to be less expensive.  The bakery still has to decorate the fake tiers, so the money you save by doing this is usually minimal.
  • Options
    Hi.  I am from this area, and I would like to make a suggestion.

Caroline's Cakes is based in Annapolis, MD, and also has a comprehensive website.  We were going to use them until we found out our catering company would do a cake with the flavors and design we wanted at no additional charge.

Caroline's makes a range of flavors and only frosts in buttercream (not made with shortening, the good kind, all butter sugar and vanilla or whatever flavoring)  Caroline's does not charge extra for wedding cakes vs. many a bakery who does.  They deliver, depending on where you are getting married, and their prices are very good because they are not one of those high-end fancy t.v. style bakeries - they do make beautiful cakes, but what they specialize in are old-fashioned, multilayer cakes.  They will do sheet cakes for you, and will explain their pricing via e-mail.  As PP said, a styrofoam cake is not a bargain.  A bargain bakery is often not a bargain. This is a GOOD bakery who has GOOD prices.
  • Options
    the fake teirs will cost you the same ammount as a regular edible cake will if you really want to whole cake look and a sheet cake have a small cake done for just you and fi to show during reception and then do a sheet cake in the back for the guests 

if you really want the look of a full out cake then just shop around and get all three teirs that can be eaten 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards