September 2013 Weddings

Starting to stress!!!

Hi girls! I haven't been on here in about 2 months because I have been so busy with work and school and then my fiance had his 3rd major back surgery on March 27th. He now has 8 rods, 10 screws, and 2 cages in his back! He just came home this past Thursday. So it was a ton of fun juggling work, school, and staying at the hospital helping him for 12 days! We had a scare yesterday because his feet and legs were so red and swollen, but he doesn't have a blood clot so that is good. Hoping he gets back on his feet without his brace and walker soon! Last surgery it took about 3 months. Time is ticking! 
     I am starting to feel the stress of the date getting closer and having a ton of things to check off my list. Worried we won't have enough money for everything too because I haven't been getting many hours at work and my parents came into a financial set back with their income property and my dad getting laid off. I am going to have to bust my butt this summer to make some extra cash. Glad I am getting a tax refund this year instead of having to pay in like last year! That will help a ton! 
     2 and a half more weeks of school and then I can concentrate on wedding plans and making more money. I really just wish I was one of those brides that had an unlimited budget!!! Also, I am getting nervous because last I knew 2 weeks ago one of my bridesmaids had not ordered her dress and the other 4 girls dresses are coming in by May 10th!  Worried that they won't be the same dye lot and that she won't get alterations done in time.
Anyone else feeling the stress?

February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
Gatlinburg, TN
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Starting to stress!!!

• You are not alone. I worry about paying for everything everyday. I feel like I am so stressed over the wedding I am just shutting down and not doing anything, Between how stressful work is and trying to plan this wedding all I want to do is lay in bed and cry I hate the feeling I need to get out of this funk. Somehow and someway we will look back at these post and laugh. Lets remember the prize at the end of all this! Hope your FH gets better quick. Stay calm we can do this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Glad to hear your FI is on the mend! :) 3 back surgeries! Whew! He is a trooper!

As far as stress, try not to let it get the best of you. I definitely have my moments but it just puts me in a funk and I get nothing accomplished. And then I stress more! Its a vicious circle for sure. Budget is a concern of mine as well. I'm making sure my "big" things are taken care of and at the end of the day if we can't afford "x" then we simply can't. We'll have a great venue and all of our friends and family will be fed. Sounds like a successful wedding to me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome back!  I completely understand operating on a slim budget.  I hope that you visit the Budget board sometime.  They have awesome ideas for how to save money and still have the wedding you want.  Just try to enjoy your engagement.  We all only have a few months to go and this time and even this board we are on now will slip by quickly.  Then you will be his wife and we all know that money matters don't go away just because we are getting married.  So since financial stuff will always be around, try to relax and soak up the present.  You are engaged to the man of your dreams right?  That's something many people look for all of their lives and some never find it.  We are all very lucky to have connected with "the one".  Remember that every time other thoughts try to take over. 
  • I'm stressed to. But mine doesn't compare I just hope your hubby feels better Poor fella. It'll all be okay do as much as you can
  • I hear you on the budget issues! I had a breakdown yesterday when our washin machine started leaking, it feels like we're hemorrhaging money right now. Hope your FI has a speedy recovery!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Money is a huge stressor for us also... Just can't help but think how silly it is to be spending this much on one day. The thing is we aren't really spending that much but still! We found out like a week ago that my FMIL has lung cancer. She had surgery yesterday, but it is crazy stressfull especially since FI normally shuts down with this kind of stuff so I have to be a major/only support for him and I'm stressed about possibly losing my job since my boss wants to i guess prove that she has all the power and put me on a 30 day improvement plan.. How am I supposed to improve in 30 days when all the things I "do wrong" are more personality traits then anything else! Ugh sorry to take over your post and rant i just had to get it out!
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I think a lot of us are in the same boat as far as stressing about money! I just keep telling myself it will all come together and the day of the wedding will be great! 

Glad to hear your FI is back home and hope he starts feeling better. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards