Favors

What to put on wine bottle labels?

FI and I will be giving away bottles of 2 different flavors of homemade wine as favors.  FFIL makes wine and is looking forward to doing this for us.  He typically puts the flavor, date of bottling, "Smith Family Wines," and some sort picture on the labels.  For the wedding favors we will probably stick with "Smith Family Wines," the flavor and a picture that ties in a general way to our "city" wedding theme.  I've seen on this board to avoid putting our names and wedding date on favors....do you think we should not add that information to the wine label?  Any other ideas for the labels?
Thanks for your input!

Re: What to put on wine bottle labels?

• For this kind of favor, having the name and date on the label would probably be ok b/c this is consumable. Usually, we suggest not putting names and dates on things that people might keep. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Like PPs said, I think you'd be fine with names/date on wine bottles. 

My wedding had a wine theme to it, and for our invitations we wanted them to resemble wine labels.  I just google image searched a bunch of wine labels and came up with some really neat design elements to use. =)  Maybe try that as you're designing your labels?
  • Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards