Favors
Options

Any experience with custom hotel keycards?

I'm having my wedding entirely at a hotel in Florida, both the ceremony & reception, and my guests are all staying at the hotel as well. I just met with the wedding coordinator to go over logistics and such and he told me that some people have had custom keycards made for their guests with the date of the wedding, a picture of the couple or a nice graphic, etc. I thought it sounded like a nice finishing touch and I'm interested in it.

Has anyone else done this at their wedding or other special event? Any recommendations or advice is welcome! :)

Re: Any experience with custom hotel keycards?

• Options
    Is it free?  If not, I'd skip it.  No one wants that as a keepsake.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_any-experience-with-custom-hotel-keycards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:cf3ee8aa-234b-499e-b5dd-26bd1488fa77Post:cf1f6a13-5516-4245-aa91-68dac212e881">Any experience with custom hotel keycards?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding entirely at a hotel in Florida, both the ceremony & reception, and my guests are all staying at the hotel as well. I just met with the wedding coordinator to go over logistics and such and he told me that some people have had custom keycards made for their guests with the date of the wedding, a picture of the couple or a nice graphic, etc. I thought it sounded like a nice finishing touch and I'm interested in it. Has anyone else done this at their wedding or other special event? Any recommendations or advice is welcome! :)
    Posted by jhall290[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:11.818181991577148px;background-color:#ffffff;">Agree w/ MrsG....if it isn't free, don't bother.  It might be cute for you, but it's worthless to your guests.</span>

</div>
  • Options
    Cute, but probably not worth the money. I would smile at it while using it and then turn it in/throw it away at the end of my stay like any other hotel key. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Just another perspective...I misplace my hotel key cards all the time. I'm sure a lot of your guests are similar. Do you really want the opportunity for a bunch of key cards with pictures of you with your wedding date on it dropped/lost all over the place?

• Options
    Not worth the time/money.  If it's free and all it takes is an emailed picture of you two, sure, but otherwise, I'd skip it.  I would find it a little strange, TBH.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards