Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

DJ Question

Hello! I have a question about DJ's. Is it true that if you give a list of songs you want played at your wedding a lot of DJ's won't even play them? I was told this by many friends who have gotten married. I'm not thrilled on that idea, I see it as if I'm paying you to DJ my wedding, I'd like at least half of the songs played to be songs that I requested. Has anyone had this problem or advice?

Thanks!

Re: DJ Question

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_dj-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:1467ed43-043c-48a3-9066-02e015031098Post:e6259423-e715-4931-9647-9f3ad2d37309">DJ Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I have a question about DJ's. Is it true that if you give a list of songs you want played at your wedding a lot of DJ's won't even play them? I was told this by many friends who have gotten married. I'm not thrilled on that idea, I see it as if I'm paying you to DJ my wedding, I'd like at least half of the songs played to be songs that I requested. Has anyone had this problem or advice? Thanks!
    Posted by kbeauty12[/QUOTE]

If that's true, you move on to a different DJ.

Normally they will tell you that they will do their best to accomodate you. I have heard of some people saying everything was set and then they didn't do as requested at the event... that doesn't normally happen though. Read reviews online of the people you are looking to work with.

I'm anal about stuff like this. What I did for my first wedding was make a CD of all the songs I was requesting. I made a copy and sent it to the DJ in advance and I brought a copy for myself. This time, I just sent my DJ an e-mail asking if he has a way of using CDs since I know it's mostly itunes now. I can't transfer the Itunes, I can only burn a CD. If that's not acceptable, I will reimburse him for the songs he has to buy if necessary.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_dj-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:1467ed43-043c-48a3-9066-02e015031098Post:e6259423-e715-4931-9647-9f3ad2d37309">DJ Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I have a question about DJ's. Is it true that if you give a list of songs you want played at your wedding a lot of DJ's won't even play them? I was told this by many friends who have gotten married. I'm not thrilled on that idea, I see it as if I'm paying you to DJ my wedding, I'd like at least half of the songs played to be songs that I requested. Has anyone had this problem or advice? Thanks!
    Posted by kbeauty12[/QUOTE]

<div>Any DJ worth anything will let you program the whole event.  Good Lord!  If they do not, they are not professionals.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our DJ can even download stuff from iTunes during the event, if they need to.  Not that they are in your market, but to get an idea of what a DJ SHOULD do - read:</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.pinnaclelightandsound.com/we-do-it-better/more-music/" rel="nofollow">www.pinnaclelightandsound.com/we-do-it-better/more-music/</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Any DJ you hire should be able to do the exact same thing!</div><div>
    </div><div>Sioban</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards