Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Trumpet Player

How much should I give to the college student at my church to play during my ceremony? I was thnk 75-100 is that reasonable? He has played before but never mentioned to me how much he has been paid. He and his famiy attend our church and will be guest at the wedding/ reception as well. He offered to play at the weddig.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Trumpet Player

• jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Is there someone at the church you can ask, maybe a music director or organist?  I'm not sure what the going rate is in your area, but IMO $75-$100 is reasonable for a college student.  If it's several pieces of music I would go with the higher end of the range.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• How much is he playing?  How much professional performance experience does he have?  While he is still a student, is he studying music?  These things can, and should, affect how much he charges.  I'm a classical musician, and when I was in college, that amount would have been sufficient for me, unless I was playing several pieces.  I would suggest asking him what he thinks is reasonable.  That's what I've been doing if I'm not sure :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards