Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

arch alternatives?

We are getting married on the beach in the sand. 
Its going to cost an arm and leg to have our florist do an arch because they have to come back and pick it up, and are about an hour away. 
So im trying to think of something else we could do to mark the "alter". I deffiently want something at the end of the isle, but im not sure what to do that either i can provide of that is something that i can bring back to the shop after the wedding.
I could do 2 flower arrangments but.. its not really my style.
What i wanted was something like this..

anyideas?

Re: arch alternatives?

• You can always rent an arch from a rentals place, depending on how nice you want one they can range from $50-$300 (at least in northern california they do).

Or if you are interested in DIY, it's really inexpensive to make a canopy or pipe & drape out of pvc pipe and then dress it up with paint and/or drapes. Here is a tutorial my FI and I based our project on for our engagement party in my mom's backyard:

http://celebrationsathomeblog.com/2011/02/pipe-and-drape-system-diy.html

Instead of buckets we hammered rebar into the ground and placed the pipes over it. 

Check out pinterest if you're still looking for more ideas, there's tons of possibilities!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not really an arch-type person...  I'd go with two big arrangements in huge pots, one on either side of where you will stand (and behind you a little bit).  Maybe with gigantic white feathers in them too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards