Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette hostess gift etiquette?

Hi! Five of my friends that are not bridesmaids are hosting a bachelorette party for me (I had another bachelorette party hosted by BM's in my hometown). I was wondering what the gift-giving etiquette was for me to give the hostesses? I assume that gifts are necessary, but I'm a poor student and was wondering if anyone had ideas?

Re: Bachelorette hostess gift etiquette?

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-hostess-gift-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:46f56766-58bf-44d4-8ce9-3bb33215dc64Post:99c0b427-ac67-4a47-93f3-30051bea829c">Bachelorette hostess gift etiquette?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Five of my friends that are not bridesmaids are hosting a bachelorette party for me (I had another bachelorette party hosted by BM's in my hometown). I was wondering what the gift-giving etiquette was for me to give the hostesses? I assume that gifts are necessary, but I'm a poor student and was wondering if anyone had ideas?
    Posted by c0bester[/QUOTE]

In some circles, hostess gifts are very much expected. Hostess gifts aren't common or expected in my area. Personally, I hadn't heard of hostess gifts until I started coming to TK.

Why not just get them each a bottle of their favorite wine or booze?
  • I was thinking maybe nice picture frames with a photo of us together? Is that lame?
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-hostess-gift-etiquette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:46f56766-58bf-44d4-8ce9-3bb33215dc64Post:94c2b8c4-f1d0-4382-991e-50f7f56d557e">Re: Bachelorette hostess gift etiquette?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was thinking maybe nice picture frames with a photo of us together? Is that lame?
    Posted by c0bester[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Certainly no offense intended, but that's a little high-schoolish.

You could always just write them each a thoughtful card/note of appreciation if you don't have a lot of cash.
  • with mulitiple hostesses, I would send a nice card with either a bottle of wine or a bath & body works, starbucks, or jamba juice (etc) gift card.  You do not need to spend a lot of money to let them know you appreciate it. 

Anniversary
  • Thanks everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards