Pre-wedding Parties

OOT MIL and Shower

Hi Ladies,
Been a while since I've been over the Knot but I am in need of your assistance, please.

My friend is getting married in a few months and her future MIL lives a plane ride away. Her future FIL health is not all that great so I don't think MIL will be able to come but I'm going to ask anyway and let the answer come from her. With that, I think it would be great to still have her participate in some way. I was thinking she could write a letter and/or send a gift but after that I am stuck. Any ideas? Just want to have some thoughts together in the event she says she's not coming. By the way, MIL LOVES bride-to-be.

TIA

Hope all your weddings are beautiful!
Married to DH 9/9/06 DD arrived 11/10/07 DS arrived 5/26/11

Re: OOT MIL and Shower

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_oot-mil-and-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:807484ef-1fc5-4998-826b-5106a92903fbPost:a2181fe1-167d-4c07-b7e8-9d78709c3618">OOT MIL and Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, Been a while since I've been over the Knot but I am in need of your assistance, please. My friend is getting married in a few months and her future MIL lives a plane ride away. Her future FIL health is not all that great so I don't think MIL will be able to come but I'm going to ask anyway and let the answer come from her. With that, I think it would be great to still have her participate in some way. I was thinking she could write a letter and/or send a gift but after that I am stuck. Any ideas? Just want to have some thoughts together in the event she says she's not coming. By the way, MIL LOVES bride-to-be. TIA Hope all your weddings are beautiful!
    Posted by septemberdc[/QUOTE]

All you should do in this situation as a hostess is extend an invitation to the guests the bride would like.

FMIL will send a gift, note, or other well-wishes if she chooses. Same goes for other guests.

"Suggesting" gifts really isn't your place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards