Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride

What was the best or most luxurious gift you or you and your husband recieved at a bridal shower or as a wedding gift? 
I was thinking about a year-long gift certificate to a spa? or favorite nail salon? Lame?

Re: Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride

• Options
    The best gift we got in my opinion was our dyson vaccuum.  I freaken love that thing.  
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    When I think of spas and/or nail salons, it seems the gift is directed more toward the bride rather than the couple.  

Could you create some type of "date of the month" gift?  You could purchase 12 gift cards to some of their favorite restaurants, or date night activites such as the movies, bowling, or other activities you know they would enjoy.  The couple would be able to have at least one date night every month for their first year.  You could get creative and try to pair each card to a specific month.
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_needing-a-luxury-gift-for-a-luxurious-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:955c1e66-db5b-4562-bdea-18c6e1663df9Post:229efd76-a0d1-49cf-901d-cd7acc9fc146">Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was the best or most luxurious gift you or you and your husband recieved at a bridal shower or as a wedding gift?  I was thinking about a year-long gift certificate to a spa? or favorite nail salon? Lame?
    Posted by krisfinley[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Personally, I'd rather give a physical gift that the couple would cherish for many years to come rather than a gift that would be used up and gone within a year.
    </div>
  • Options
    B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_needing-a-luxury-gift-for-a-luxurious-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:955c1e66-db5b-4562-bdea-18c6e1663df9Post:e9505c9c-850e-4aaa-9442-82daafa98c5e">Re: Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I think of spas and/or nail salons, it seems the gift is directed more toward the bride rather than the couple.   Could you create some type of "date of the month" gift?  You could purchase 12 gift cards to some of their favorite restaurants, or date night activites such as the movies, bowling, or other activities you know they would enjoy.  The couple would be able to have at least one date night every month for their first year.  You could get creative and try to pair each card to a specific month.
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>Personally, my husband and I love to get massages, so we would immensely enjoy a year long gift card for a spa. But, I think you'd have to know the bride and groom very well to give a gift like that. </div><div>
    </div><div>mobkaz's idea is also fun and creative gift think most couples would enjoy.</div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our most "luxury gift" was sterling flatware.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd vote on a cashmere blanket, big enough for two
    Dreaming of our Hawaiian honeymoon! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd say the spa gifts or the gift cards is adorable.  I would LOVE to get something like that.  My FI and I love going to the movies, so a perfect gift for us would be tons of movie passes.  Wonderful ideas!
  • Options
    In Response to Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride:
    [QUOTE]What was the best or most luxurious gift you or you and your husband recieved at a bridal shower or as a wedding gift?  I was thinking about a year-long gift certificate to a spa? or favorite nail salon? Lame?
    Posted by krisfinley[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!!!!!

• Options
    In Response to Re: Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride:
    [QUOTE]When I think of spas and/or nail salons, it seems the gift is directed more toward the bride rather than the couple.   Could you create some type of "date of the month" gift?  You could purchase 12 gift cards to some of their favorite restaurants, or date night activites such as the movies, bowling, or other activities you know they would enjoy.  The couple would be able to have at least one date night every month for their first year.  You could get creative and try to pair each card to a specific month.
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

What a fun idea! Thanks!!!!!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride : Personally, I'd rather give a physical gift that the couple would cherish for many years to come rather than a gift that would be used up and gone within a year.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

Good point. Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Needing a luxury gift for a luxurious bride : Personally, my husband and I love to get massages, so we would immensely enjoy a year long gift card for a spa. But, I think you'd have to know the bride and groom very well to give a gift like that.  mobkaz's idea is also fun and creative gift think most couples would enjoy.
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I'd say the spa gifts or the gift cards is adorable.  I would LOVE to get something like that.  My FI and I love going to the movies, so a perfect gift for us would be tons of movie passes.  Wonderful ideas!
    Posted by ethadiva[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Our most "luxury gift" was sterling flatware.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards