Registry and Gift Forum

groomsmen gifts....

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to see your thoughts on groomsmen gifts! I have my bridesmaids gifts covered, and I am trying to help my fiance think of an idea for his guys. Also, are any of you giving them gifts in additiion to what the groom is giving? Will you give the gifts at the time of the bachelor party or on the wedding day? Thank you for all of your different ideas!
~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~

Re: groomsmen gifts....

• Generally you'll find the advice is to shop for each of your WP like you would for their birthdays/Christmas. And to answer your other questions: Only DH got the GM something, since they were his friends and we gave the WP everything at the rehearsal.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Groom gets gifts for the guys; You get gifts for the girls--give them at the rehearsal dinner.  Shop for them individually unless there is something they will all like.  Stay away from un-useful things that will just be a waste of money. 

Anniversary
  • It's almost impossible to provide ideas since we don't know these men or what kinds of things they are into. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    My DH got each groomsmen a bottle of their favorite booze and a flask or set of glassware depending on each guy's preference. They're all pretty simple guys, so that worked for us.
  • H got them all a case of beer.

H was in a wedding a month after ours, and for his gift, the groom had gotten all of them tickets together to attend a college football game. Maybe tickets to a concert or sporting event where all of them could hang out?
  • I am getting my girls something on our Honeymoon from Disney. However, I have a few things for each of them to give at the rehearsal dinner. FI is planning on getting his groomsmen sunglasses. Either Oakley or a pair of Ray Bans. He may do a few of each, depending on their style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all the great ideas ladies! All of his guys are pretty different and there are 7 of them, so that's why I wanted a bunch of different answers so I could come up with ideas for all of them! (a botle of liquor would work for 5 of the 7, but he wanted something a little more heartfelt for his 2 brothers).

~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • We ordered personalized, customized clutches for our three female attendants, each in a color they like with a design that matches their taste.  For our one male attendant, who is actually one of my attendants, we're probably going to give him a gift certificate, possibly a tie, or possibly a bottle of Jack Daniels.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards