Second Weddings

2nd for Bride, 1st for Groom

My fiance has never been married and he wants to have groomsmen and all the general wedding festivities. I, however, was married previously and I have the same group of girlfriends but I feel like I'd be imposing to ask them to do it all over again for me. What is potocol for this situation as far as attendants, showers, etc? Thoughts?

Re: 2nd for Bride, 1st for Groom

• When I got remarried I did all the pre-wedding  parties. I had a blast doing it again. It was more fun the second time. The first time I was really young, but this time I had old and new friends and we really enjoyed ourselves. I don't see nothing wrong with it. I allowed my friends to tell me what they would like to do. A few opted out of participating as they did the first time around but the others were excited. We did some things differently than the first time which made it more fun. Talk to your friends and just see what they think about participating the second time around. At the end of the day the decision is yours. Just have fun with it.
    StarrShine
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_2nd-for-bride-1st-for-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:51dbfb3b-d489-414a-9ed8-a70bb1c690fdPost:a52dcb28-b583-4b9e-95e4-79c8b83b25c5">2nd for Bride, 1st for Groom</a>:
    [QUOTE] My fiance has never been married and he wants to have groomsmen and all the general wedding festivities. I, however, was married previously and I have the same group of girlfriends but I feel like I'd be imposing to ask them to do it all over again for me. What is potocol for this situation as far as attendants, showers, etc? Thoughts?
    Posted by ErinKMiller1016[/QUOTE]

If it's a good friendship, you aren't imposing by asking. Their duties can be minimal and they can decline if they are not up to the task.

This is my second wedding and FI's first. I originally wanted to elope but he wanted a wedding and I've grown to want that day and those memories with him.. My best friend was in my wedding before and was excited to be in this one, there was no negativity. I am uncomfortable with a shower because I feel I would be imposing there. I didn;t really have a bachelorette the first time and Ill be excited about having one this time.  I asked my girls just to find a black dress that I'm tying their outfits together with teal pashminas.  This works great because one of the girls just had a baby and another is trying to get pregnant so they have a lot more flexibility with the dresses.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards