Second Weddings

Vent not completely wedding related

I need to get this out somewhere! My ex is making my life miserable right now. FI and I are getting married June 1. Ex and I have 5 kids together. We were married almost 13 years, until he ran off with his bimbo to Mexico and I found out after he got back they've been together 3 years started dating her when my youngest were 9 months old. So that's the background. He hates that I'm moving on he married his bimbo last July after finding out FI and were engaged. He has actually called CPS and when they came out and found out the charges were bogus, then told him, he changed his story and sent me many nasty texts. Nothing new really, he is always mean and nasty to me. Well... Friday was payday and I didn't get child support or alimony he never wanted me to work or go to school. He thinks I'm a bad mom for going to school now. I get a text from him yesterday saying that he hit a financial bump and can't pay me all the child support. Long story short, he only paid me less than a 1/4 of what he should have. The kids and I live with my mom which he hates and FI and I were looking at places to move into can't now if ex plays these games. Well now I'm glad we are with my mom. He is screwing over his kids and he doesn't care. He took them on vaca last week, he is picking them up today it's his bday to take them out, but he can't support them the way he is ORDERED to. I know what he's doing, he knows the wedding is coming up and he is playing games to stop me from getting married. Or to at least make it VERY stressful and difficult. I seriously can NOT stand him. FI and I have to pay for the wedding ourselves. Now I have to figure out what to do and how to cut back. I'm thankful that I have money in savings to compensate for ex being a jerk, but it won't last long is he keeps this up. I am seeing my attorney tomorrow and I am hoping that I can do something very quickly.
Thank you for letting me vent.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent not completely wedding related

• Get wage garnishment.
  • Just sending *hugs*.  Do get a lawyer's advice.  And then try to focus on the love you have, for both your children and your FI. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Contact an attorney, do not contact the ex other than to exchange the kids; and do not say anything to the kids about how rotten their dad is.  Show the attorney the texts and such.  Ask for wage garnishment. 
  • Wait, you can only afford to move out if you get your CS payments?  That's risky business and not a secure way to live.

I get CS, but I don't count on it.  It's a bonus if it happens, but I don't plan on it.  Mostly because I know it goes away when my son comes of age.

Wage garnishment is great and all; IF he has a job.  Can't squeeze blood from a turnip.  After wage garnishment, here in Texas, they go after your driver's license.  Most people don't give two figs.

No offense, but, be grateful, even if you think he's a turd, that at least he's involved, EVEN if you think his new wife is a bimbo, even if you think he's not financially supporting them like you want them to be supported, and you're not getting alimony or cs, at least he sees them, and I would hope he cares about them and takes care of them when he has them in his custody (by this I mean he isn't doing drugs when he has custody of them or putting their lives at risk).  I also would be SUPER careful about speaking ill of him in front of the children.  I've NEVER said a bad word about my son's father in front of him.  His father's actions speak louder than any words I could ever utter.  Also, in case I had to go to court, his father could never claim I did anything to potentially "turn" our son against him.

Not that this will ever be an issue.

I say this because my son is about 15 and a half, and the last time his father saw him was when he a year and a half old.  14 years of NOTHING except financial support, which I would forgo in a heartbeat if he'd have just been involved with his son.  The emotional devestation of an absentee parent is far more traumatic than lack of money in a bank account.

If you already don't have a court order in place for child support or alimony, get one.  Then have your AG's office enforce them. 

Sorry that things are rough, but, as one of my friends always says to put things into perspective for me; "It could always be worse!"  *knock on wood*  I hope things improve for you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards