Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

POLL: airbrush makeup for wedding day or no?

I have never been to a makeup artist to have my makeup done. Even when I stood up in weddings I always did my own because I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I'm thinking for my wedding day if splurging and having my makeup done by someone else so I don't have to worry.

The airbrush makeup places near me start at $65 for a trial and then another $65 for the day of makeup, which is really expensive to me but my mom has offered to pay for it if I want it.

What do you girls think? I know airbrush makeup is supposed to last longer and make your skin look flawless, so is it really worth it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: POLL: airbrush makeup for wedding day or no?

• Yes I think it is worth it, but I do think you should have a trial, especially since you've never had your makeup professionally done.  You may hate it.  And if you wait until your wedding day to find out you hate it, then what?  Trust me, it's $65 well spent. 
  • Have a trial done. I had an airbrush trial and hated it so I went with regular makeup the day of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It is completely worth it. But i would have a trial done to make sure the person doing your make up can match your skin tone perfectly.

If you need a recommendation in Chicago let me know.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had airbrushing done when I was a bridesmaid a few years ago. It looked great and I had no issues with it, but it's not a "must" for me. I'd be happy with non-airbrush make-up as well. 
    "It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Being the daughter of a traditional makeup artist, I have to vouch for traditional makeup applied by a knowledgeable artist. 

There is just something about the detailing (not to mention the versatility) of traditional makeup when applied by an artist. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do a trial.  I thought for sure I was going to do airbrushing.  I did a trial and I hated it.  I did another trial with traditional and loved it....much more natural for me and it lasted all day just like airbrushing!  I would've been really upset if I was just trying airbrushing for the first time on my wedding day and hated it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_poll-airbrush-makeup-for-wedding-day-or-no?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:826002a3-8bf1-499b-aa19-1db22cba9a2cPost:85431ecd-e5c8-4bf1-973f-071f8ac48acd">Re: POLL: airbrush makeup for wedding day or no?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do a trial.  I thought for sure I was going to do airbrushing.  I did a trial and I hated it.  I did another trial with traditional and loved it....much more natural for me and it lasted all day just like airbrushing!  I would've been really upset if I was just trying airbrushing for the first time on my wedding day and hated it.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

I agree , do a trial.  I also did a trial with airbrush and did not like it at all.  Airbrush does not cover flaws if you have any texture problems (ie scars or a zit) and if you have oily skin, you'll be shiny quickly.  I ended up deciding on a really good foundation from sephora and I am having the makeup artist apply that.  Everyone is different which is why you should invest in a trial first.  But I definitely would have a make up artist apply whatever you decide.
  • I'll admit, I don't know much about makeup.  Either way though, absolutely do a trial!  It's worth the money!
  • My skin is very sensitive and I have to be careful what I use or my skin will breakout or around my eyes gets super red so I would definitely do a trial.
  • jw875jw875 member
    First Comment Name Dropper
    I don't know---if you don't usually wear a lot of makeup it might be too much for you. I am using a woman out of Hingham that travels all over the place.  She seems to be in high demand.  My friend used her and did all of our makeup for her wedding and we all looked so naturally pretty.  Her name is Liz Fuller and she is from Makeup Artistry Inc.  We all looked like ourselves but just better.  She was so fun and calming.  We had a blast!
  • I usually do my own make-up too, and only wear it at special events. But your wedding day is certainly a special event, so at least do something more than usual. If you wanna get fancy go for the airbrush. At least if you have a trial then don't love it you can do something different on the big day. Personally, I wouldn't trust anyone (even a pro) as much as I trust myself, but I know I'm a weirdo Tongue Out
    "Anyone can wear a white gown, but only a bride can wear a veil". ~Randy Fenoli Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards