Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

The sun is approaching...

...And I'm worried about getting burned/tanned.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I get burned really easily, and then it fades into a tan that lasts for MONTHS.  My skin won't straight-up tan. Since it's starting to get sunnier in my area, I want to figure out how to deal with this before it's too late!

What should I do?  Should I just walk on eggshells until my wedding (middle of July) and make sure I wear sunscreen all the time?  Should I get an even burn on purpose at the start of the season?  It would fade to a tan and my chances of getting burned will be reduced that way.  I'm  uncomfortable with the idea of fake/spray tanning.  But I'm willing to hear any suggestions you have on it.

Oh, and what about that sexy watch tan?  I never take my watch off, and my year-round watch tan is a source of great amusement for me.  I only take it off for special occassions, so the wedding qualifies!  My tans are really bad though.  I've thought about not wearing it  during the summer, to give my arms a chance to tan evenly, but I feel really awkward without my watch.  Any thoughts about that?

Any input is greatly appreciated!  I know this is one of those things that I'm overthinking, but I can't help it! I panic quite easily, and I'm trying to anticipate any possible panic-inducing scenarios and fix them now! Thanks so much!

Re: The sun is approaching...

• If you burn very easily I would try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.  I wouldn't try to deliberately get burnt… What if the tan fades and you start to peel right before the wedding? Obviously you can still be out but if you're planning on going to the beach cover up and wear a lot of sunscreen.  I would take off that watch too if the tan is really bad or just get a nice bracelet for your wedding that would cover the existing watch tan.  A few of my girlfriends who have recently got married did spray tans.  You should go to someone who actually applies the tan and not just a machine that sprays you.  Also do a trial once or twice before the wedding to see if you like the look of the spray tan (take pics etc. to make sure you don't come out orange in your wedding photos)   Hopefully this was somewhat helpful.  Congrats! :) 

• Thanks for your help!  I'll probably end up being super cautious about not getting burnt.  I hadn't considered the peeling!  I'm still unsure about how to deal with the watch.  I considered jewelry, but wouldn't want to plan on that until I found something I wanted to use.  The other thing is that I might end up wearing a short pair of gloves, and if I do, that should take care of that!  Thanks again!
  • KAK2014KAK2014 member
    First Comment
    Great, glad I could be a bit of help.  Good Luck :)
  • When I've been a bridesmaid and had awkward tan lines from a swimsuit, I used the build-a-tan clothes or lotion just in those spots to even things out.  It actually worked really well on my skin, which sounds similar to yours- burn, then tan.
  • wittykitty14wittykitty14 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    I'll look into that in case I slip up and burn!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards