Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

NWR: Dark spot corrector

I have a few dark spots from acne and a light, little line from waxing improperly on my upper lip. I'm lost in a sea of dark spot correctors claiming to be the best thing since sliced bread. Does anyone have any recommendations on skin lighteners or spot correctors?  TIA :)

Re: NWR: Dark spot corrector

• Options
    Cliniques is great and not super expensive. I use it and I love it. It dried out my skin so I had to put a moisturizer on after. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered Murad's a while ago and somehow googled the active ingredient and the web gave me some scary info. I haven't tried anything else, but just suggesting you do your research. 
  • Options
    I started using Dermalogica Chroma White TRX C-2 Concentrate. Kind of an investment? Yes. Does it work miracles per say? Not necessarily--but I have seen quite a bit of improvement. I have very fair, olive tone skin. My scarring has lightened significantly. Bought mine on Amazon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm....I'll check those out! Thanks guys! I've been keeping my eye on Clinique's but I'll have to check out Demalogica too. I went to the dermatologist and she just tried to sell the uber expensive, no-return stuff she had. Not cool. I'll do my research on the active ingredients too.
  • Options
    Your best option is to get one at Nordstrom or Macy's and try it out...if  you hate it or it irritates your skin you can return it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same question. Strangely enough...or not...I have developed dark spots in the exact same spots on each side of my face. Living in Florida, I DO NOT sun bathe but I would like to get a "tan" for my wedding. Im thinking spray tan...will def. do a trial run...or tannng booth. My fear is the these dark spots will darken darker then the rest of my face. What do you think? I also think instead of spending lots of money on trying different "correctors" I will probably go to a dermatologist. Could you do the same?

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    I also have some dark spots from sun damage and have actually looked into laser treatment which seems very scary and expensive.  I am using a three step brightening system right now http://www.shiseido.com/Brightening-1-2-3-Kit/0730852907775,en_US,pd.html&cgid=skincare-whitelucent#!

The spots are still there but just faded.(they come back as soon as I expose my face to extended sun time)  I've been told by numerous brides that airbrush makeup can cover up most skin imperfections.  I would do an airbrush makeup trial and see what you think.  That is my plan since really the only way I have been told (by 3 dermatologists) to completely remove spots is to go through laser treatment which I am just not ready for at this point.  Good luck and let us know if you find another solution.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: NWR: Dark spot corrector:
    [QUOTE]I also have some dark spots from sun damage and have actually looked into laser treatment which seems very scary and expensive.  I am using a three step brightening system right now http://www.shiseido.com/Brightening-1-2-3-Kit/0730852907775,en_US,pd.html&cgid=skincare-whitelucent#! The spots are still there but just faded.(they come back as soon as I expose my face to extended sun time)  I've been told by numerous brides that airbrush makeup can cover up most skin imperfections.  I would do an airbrush makeup trial and see what you think.  That is my plan since really the only way I have been told (by 3 dermatologists) to completely remove spots is to go through laser treatment which I am just not ready for at this point.  Good luck and let us know if you find another solution.
    Posted by KAK2014[/QUOTE]

Thanks! My dermatologist said if they really bothered me I could get laser treatments, but they honestly aren't bad and aren't noticable until I point them out to other people, so I'm not going that route. I'll check out Macy's and hopefully they'll have some samples that I can try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards